Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Shiny aluminum stuff?

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  iskwezm 
#1 ·
Im looking for some of that aluminum polish that you see guys selling at car shows.

They have all those empty soda cans they instantly turn into sparkling aluminum. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I started polishing my oil pan and my wheels are getting dull and need to be polished as well. It takes forever to do this by hand.

#3 ·
I don't know which one you have seen or are talking about, but I have used "Flitz" for years, someone gave me a demo tube before they started advertising it on TV. I haven't found anything that is better yet.

#4 ·
Where do you buy Fritz?? Is it better than Wenol or SemiChrome? Since I deanodized my grille and polished it, I need something that will make it look like chrome.

It looks a lot better, but still don't look new..

BTW Is the show stuff spray on? Maybe I am just grasping at straws .

http://www.fordmuscle.com/pics/rayell_rayell_sig.jpg[/img:-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rayell on 3/5/06 6:55pm ]</font>[img]http://www.fordmuscle.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rayell on 3/5/06 6:56pm ]</font>

#8 ·
Mother's aluminum polish is what I have been using. I've even tried buffing wheels but it still takes forever to get that mirror finish.

The stuff I'm referrring to is instant. The guy would simply rub it on the bottom of the soda can and as soon as he wiped it off it was a mirrow finish, like chrome.

#10 ·
you want the best polish?? In my opinion the best is "blue magic". It isnt easy to use but ive never had anything work better on brass, or bare aluminum. BUT it requires some effort, not just rub on and off.
What Ive wanted to try but havent yet is my mothers power ball with blue magic.
Really though nothing ive used is better. Ive tried mothers billet, never dull,eagle one ,and flitz.
Good luck with your project

'68 302 Iron port polished heads.
Mod Must II headers.
Edelb Rpm Airgap
Holley 570
Msd dist ,Crane HI6 igntion
Bla Bla Bla
The money pit, "So... when will it be done?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 71hotrodpinto on 3/6/06 12:21am ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 71hotrodpinto on 3/6/06 12:26am ]</font>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.