Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

shipping a non running stang

906 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  smuttysmith385 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anybody could help me out. I'm looking to sell my 67 on ebay. The reason, I wanna sell it on ebay is because anyone around here will just see it as junk.....and i know there some folks out there in cyber space with deep pockets and plenty of time for a poor ol' 67 in dire need of help. i mean it needs floor pans(which i have) quarters, wiring harness, interior, engine, tranny, core support etc. other than that the car is structurally sound.
My question is how in the world would i ship it if i wind up selling it?? would a shipping company come and pick up a disasembled, rusty mustang? would i have to take it somehwere? how do these things work?
help me out.

#4 ·
On 2006-03-16 18:26, smuttysmith385 wrote:
My question is how in the world would i ship it if i wind up selling it?? would a shipping company come and pick up a disasembled, rusty mustang? would i have to take it somehwere? how do these things work?
help me out.
Selling a car on eBay isn't like selling a carburetor. All that I've ever seen (or bought) stated right in the listing that shipping was the buyer's responsibility. There are auto shippers who will deliver a non-runner, but they're expensive. Most folks either rent or own a stretcher and come pick 'em up themselves.

Jan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tbirdchick on 3/17/06 9:16pm ]</font>

#5 ·
Yep, just like Tbird said, almost always it's listed as the buyers responsibility. Plus there are shippers that are signed on with Ebay, so when you are buying a car through Ebay, you can contact them for a quote. Just make sure that you clearly state it in your desription...all too often people don't read to the end of an auction regarding shipping...and I always like to list anything I sell that is automotive related as used, with no warrenty or guarantees...just to cover myself. Good luck!
Mike

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Humphrey351 on 3/17/06 11:39pm ]</font>

#7 ·
$350 or best offer, its gotta go, i work on wrecked cars all day and dont wanna even look at that one when i get home.
Yeah, i understand the buyers responsibility part, i was just curious how it would play out.

#10 ·
There's lots of money is Florida. Even more in and around Atlanta. Advertise it there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: retyler on 3/18/06 8:26am ]</font>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.