Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold a pair of 460 heads on Ebay does anybody know what a complete 460 head weighs. I need to figure the shipping costs.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
My SCJs weighed 67#s each packed and ready to ship. Cost me $26 each to ship US Postal Service. They accept up to 70# packages and USPS is my preferred way of shipping.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
yeap ... I agree USPS

I used UPS for a pair of Cleveland heads (Vegas to Michigan) ... cost about $80.00

USPS is cheaper and one price fits all

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Vegas to Michigan for $80? Mine went from Albuquerque to Michigan and were $28 each(not $26 each, that was a typo) so $56 total and that isn't much farther than yours. Maybe they charged you too much? $24 each for a set of '69 351W heads from Washington to Albuquerque that I recently bought. I had bought another set of 429CJ heads from New Jersey and it cost me around $35 each(that was last year). I think 429/460 heads weight more than a Cleveland, right? All were sent or recieved by USPS. I just checked, 68#s from zip 87120(albuquerque) to zip 00501(northern extreem east coast north of NY I think) is $40 each.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
89 coupe ...

I was referring to what I had to pay "United Parcel Service" or "Brown" as they seem to say on TV lately ... about $80.00 for the pair.

The "United States Postal Service" ... I haven't used for anything like heads yet, but I have learned for sure the "Post Office" is less expensive than UPS.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Oh, I didn't see you put UPS I thought you put USPS. My mistake!

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
A buddy of mine works in the shipping department of a hospital... so I get to ship UPS at the reduced business rate, plus one dollar. It's pretty cheap, really. Probably similar costs to USPS, but quicker delivery. I like being able to track the packages by computer. UPS rocks in that department. You can see exactly where the package is point by point.

Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts