Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all that info last week was cool, i have an all new front suspension, yet have broken things, like both sway bar brackets twice, and both perches, now i see that my bb cut coils are way too stiff, so in replaceing them, i find cracks in the towers and one of the lube fittings for the upper arm broke off due too contact w/ the tower which has obviously been swaying etc. so my guy says 400 for both sides totally rewelded and all cracks taken out, says he can do it with engine in, and suspension in, says it wont bent or break again, he did a great job on my subfarme conns. (BTW 66 fairlane 500) . so should I have them rebent or just take it to someone to stop the small cracks, i think that would work for now, being that my money is all gone!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i find cracks in the towers and one of the lube fittings for the upper arm broke off due too contact w/ the tower which has obviously been swaying etc

DANGIT!

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I paid $500 for my welder to fix my shock towers. He ended up pulling the engine to do it right, but I have a 66 stang, and things are probably much tighter. $400 seems very good if he will gaurantee his work.
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts