Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'M LOOKING AT REPLACING FACTORY HEADERS, IS IT WORTH THE DIFFERENCE TO GO TO EQUAL LENGTH ON SHRTY HEADERS. CAN EGR PUMP AND HOSES BE DELETED?

CAR IS A 94 GT WITH MAC UNDER DRIVE PULLEYS, BBK OFF ROAD X-PIPE, AND MAGNA PACK CAT BACK SYSTEM.

ANY SUGGESTION ON GEAR, CAR IS SON'S DAILY DRIVER,
WITH AODE. 3:55 OR 3:73?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Either that or BBK shorties. Equal length is hard to change plugs and wires with. According to one dyno pull I saw, the shorties actually had more torque down low and equal length only offered 2 hp on top over the shorties on top.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronbuell on 4/12/06 11:36am ]</font>

·
Registered
247 Posts
Go with Macs they fit nicely. I`m not too fond of BBK stuff. Yes you can remove the airpump and thermactor hoses if you are not running cats.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
I'm Running MAC's and they work fine

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Had the Mac's (short) on my stock heads with very good results and I have the Mac P Headers on my GT40P heads with very good results.
They use the long tube headers on mostly all out race Mustangs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've got Shorty BBK's. Fit is great, found no problems after a year.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I also have the BBK shorties. which fit and work great.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I have Chrome BBK Shorties and they have worked great. However, I am going with BBK Full Length Ceramic Coated. The shorties give about 10 to 15 h.p. while the long tubes give approx. 25 depending on your other mods. What ever you get make sure they have the solid header plate that bolts to the head. I purchased a set years ago that did not have that plate where each tube wasn't tied together and they were very hard to install.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts