Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all, About to buy new headers. Lookin at the Hedman shorty header part #88400. Anyone have any experience with these?? Complaints, recommendations, fitment problems etc...Please reply and advise. My car is a 64 futura hardtop, 289ci, auto B&M floor shift, power-steering. No other accessories attachments etc.. I hope to end up with 2-1/2" from the header back and get the noise away from the car. I need some help here yall. What are yall runnin?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I ran Headman headers on several cars and a couple Bronco's over the years.I had no problems at all with them.They seem to make decent performance. The last set Iran I ran them on my FFR Cobra for 12 years and had no problems at all and the performance was really good .I have a set of Doug Thorny full lenght headers on my Falcon.They are a tight fit , but they seem to be of good quality. The performance I get from this set up is great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got my Doug Thorley headers from 4wheelonline. They don't have the best fit but no leaks whatsoever. The headers do look great and are well made.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks yall, Just wanted some info before I pull the trigger. The long headers on the car now are shot, old and of unknown manufact, also hang down to low for the stance I have on the car. Speed bumps, rail road tracks etc.. Hoping to hear from Hedman tech dept soon. I aint really concerned about the performance, HP, fuel effenciency etc., but fit is a real concern. Thanks again. Stay in touch and stay safe, BamaBrown.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts