Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen any functional side exaust kits like the one on Elenor in gone in 60 seconds? I know the ones in the movie are not functional, I love the way they look.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Dallas mustang sells the exaust part. It uses a muffler with the inlet and outlet onthe same side. It only comes as a kit and it is expensive, but comes w/ a Dr. Gas X pipe. I know that the company that made the RONSTER (cal mustang?) has a ground effects kit that you might be able to use. Eleanore use modified fiberglass ones from an SN95 stang.
Good Luck

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Jerry Bruckheimer actually has the 13th of the mustangs used in the new gone in 60 seconds, his has a functional side pillar gas filler, and side exhaust. Only 2 of the mods I could think of off hand. To the best of my knowledge the rest were crushed, rest assured they were not Shelby`s but none the less they were 12 67,68 mustang fastbacks that are now "GONE" forever

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, has any one seen a kit like the one on the 2000 Cobra R for an early stang?
thanks,

·
Registered
146 Posts
Pick up this months issue of Mustang Monthly, the one with the picture of "Elanor" on it. The article inside details how to build your own "Elanor". I think that the company that built the movie cars are now selling a kit, with functional side exhaust, I think made by Borla, looks just like the ones on the 2000 Cobra R(the article says that the movie cars did not have functional side exhaust). Mustangs Plus built the Ronster, you can now buy their ground effects kit or buy them from their supplier Maier Racing(I dont think there is a cost advantage but Maier is only 10 min. from my house so I usually deal w/ them) Hope this helps

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jimbo on 5/10/02 7:37am ]</font>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts