Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not completely finished, still needs some welding done to finish it. But it's darn close to being done and much closer than 13 yrs ago or even 3 yrs ago!! Had a blast driving to eugene and back and at the cruise and show n shine i do with my dad every year in eugene. I only caught the last 2 hrs of the show part and dad didn't enter, he said next year he probably will cause he didn't see one flathead out there. He was a bit amazed.

I stopped past Olympia and put the top down. If it started raining again at least traffic was moving and i'd stay dry. I just can't handle the top up, too confining!!
00000F4F.jpg

In front of the little alpine tavern back home. This is the entire town now as far as a business you can go to.
0000F4F.jpg

A man flagged me down on the cruise to see if i could take his son and grandson for a ride and he could get pics. The little guy loved it!! An old school mate got this pic.
0F4F.jpg

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
That looks pretty darn cool, the two faces of the Shotrod. It is nice to see the "dents" gone, but will it ever be one colour again? Who needs that?

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
Will ya lookit that! A Babemobile! Hey, is that the tavern where you and I first met?
Tom

·
Super Moderator
21,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will ya lookit that! A Babemobile! Hey, is that the tavern where you and I first met?
Tom
Nope the one in the pic is about 250 or more miles south of that one. We met at the Empire.

·
Super Moderator
21,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I don't know! I had Gary paint the fender, no prep or anything just in case i decided i didn't want it yellow anymore and could hopefully wash it off with Goof-off like i did the crunched door way back when. When i used it as a billboard so to speak.

Instead of 3 colors it's down to 2 as the door is a bit more yellow. Had the paint mixed 2 dif places and the auto parts store did better at matching so front and back match. Door a couple weeks ago, fender the saturday before last and wednesday a friend put the decals on the door. Still have more to do and because i have to remove the seat just to get the trim on i ran out of time to do it before the trip. So that's next on the agenda.

Someone asked, when i get a pic of it signed by Jr will I really ever want it red again. That was a good question and I really love it! Was quite surprised my dad really liked it. He's the same one that didn't like my rainbow tape in the fender trim my mom and i put on and he ripped all my purple dingle balls out there were around the windshield when he took the car away from me once. In fact there's still a couple strings left under the screws lol

Keep your eyes open, this might be the beginning of a new fad! Don't expect it but then there was no bright green engines when I painted mine either and now they are everywhere. Not that they were copying me, just saying.... :)

That looks pretty darn cool, the two faces of the Shotrod. It is nice to see the "dents" gone, but will it ever be one colour again? Who needs that?

·
Super Moderator
21,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have to post this one! I borrowed a fake rooster from an old guy here last summer to go with the poultry thing, then this winter he became my christmas gift. He is about 20 yrs old or darn close i bet. He once took a flying lesson when he forgot to take the leash off the antenna of his model T and put the bird in the car. Poor guy went several miles that way!! lol

But here he is, like a dog, waiting on me to get out of the tavern, or that's how it looks anyway. Cracked me up when i was outside and decided i had to get a pic.

000000F4F.jpg

This young lady in the back i had no idea who she was, but the furry guy there that passed on early this year knew her. She climbed in during the cruise a couple years ago. At his memorial i found out she was the daughter to a girl i went to school with and partied with back in the day. Small world.

dennis.jpg

This pic is this years, again picked her up at Napa along with her brother and 2 employees. Found that's where she worked...duh. She is so much like her mother too, crazy girl!!
000F4F.jpg

Rooster He made up the sign when he loaned him to me.
13938405_10154526945047994_5752948637656846124_n.jpg

This is the original rooster's owner's car. He is a big Jr Johnson fan and this is the flying lesson vehicle. He always has a mannequin lady in the car with him who gets a lot of harassment from his friends!
IMG_8531a.jpg
IMG_8545a.jpg

·
Registered
682 Posts
Keep your eyes open, this might be the beginning of a new fad! Don't expect it but then there was no bright green engines when I painted mine either and now they are everywhere. Not that they were copying me, just saying.... :)
You always were a trendsetter, Deb.... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :grin2:

Move over, eh?

·
Super Moderator
21,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can hear you say it Eldoon! :D

Had a fun talk with jrdufresne about the side of his '63 wagon, lots of real estate there! Chicken Chet's Fried Chicken! lol Chet is his real rooster's name.

These cars and car events are supposed to be fun so i'm just trying to have fun. ;) So happy it's finally straight again and has 2 working doors! 10/12 yrs is a long time!

You always were a trendsetter, Deb.... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :grin2:

Move over, eh?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Well, not completely finished, still needs some welding done to finish it. But it's darn close to being done and much closer than 13 yrs ago or even 3 yrs ago!! Had a blast driving to eugene and back and at the cruise and show n shine i do with my dad every year in eugene. I only caught the last 2 hrs of the show part and dad didn't enter, he said next year he probably will cause he didn't see one flathead out there. He was a bit amazed.

I stopped past Olympia and put the top down. If it started raining again at least traffic was moving and i'd stay dry. I just can't handle the top up, too confining!!
View attachment 136689

In front of the little alpine tavern back home. This is the entire town now as far as a business you can go to.
View attachment 136697

A man flagged me down on the cruise to see if i could take his son and grandson for a ride and he could get pics. The little guy loved it!! An old school mate got this pic.
View attachment 136705

Hello Shotrod64,

It's a good feeling to make progress isn't it. When what sort of welding still needs to be done? Then after that can it be painted?

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
21,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The top of the quarter panel where we spliced, for lack of a better term, the new with the old needs to be filled between the spot welds, the end of the quarter there is a gap hidden below the tail light and Gary (FEandGoingBroke) said something about the bottom and the rocker area. The quarter isn't going anywhere but really it's kinda slammed on there but I'm ok with that, it's on there finally!

Then only painting the top of the quarter and where ever it might need to be touched up after welding is done. I have never welded, well I did 40 yrs ago with my dads stick welder but that's been a day or two ago and rather than take a chance on messing this up I'm going to let gary do it. He was going to put that quarter on like 8-10 yrs ago so guess now he can at least finish it. :)

It does feel good to finally have it on there and have 2 working doors that's for sure!! I won't ever have the whole car painted though. 1. I'm not responsible enough to have new paint, I'd just mess it all up. 2. Every scratch and dent has a story. After I'm gone someone else can repaint or restore it. I enjoy the freedom of not worrying about finger prints and scratches and it's pretty hard to scratch it now. Except cardboard, that does a job on it! For now leaving the one side yellow. I like it, as weird as it may sound. I know a guy in CA with the pastel type yellow convertible like mine and I really don't like it even though i love the color of the front fender but for me it would be way to much for the entire car to be that color.

Hello Shotrod64,

It's a good feeling to make progress isn't it. When what sort of welding still needs to be done? Then after that can it be painted?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
So I'm browsing one of my FB groups tonight, and look what I spotted in the background.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts