Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a guy in town here with a Chrysler Town and Country Mini Van. Has the wood grain and all the typical minivan stuff. Well its tubbed out with monster Mickey Thompsons on the back,and a big ole Hemi shoe horned in it.
Pretty wild vehicle.
Must be some other sleepers out there.

YOU CAN NEVER OWN TOO MANY CARS

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gttorinofan on 1/4/02 10:35am ]</font>

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Next time you see it, snap a picture.

There's an old Dodge around here, it looks like an old Valiant, it's a 62 Dart. It was cruizing around last summer, I thought it looked cool.
I went to a friends place awhile later and saw it in some guys yard, he was washing it, so I went over and started talking.
Holy **** was I shocked when he opened the hood, it was a 413 Ramcharger with dual 4's, push button tranny, all factory, I will get a picture of this car next time I see it.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll definately get a picture of it. Problem is it won't be out til spring.

·
Registered
196 Posts
How bout an anti-sleeper. Guy's always come up to me all excited and ask "you got a big block in that thing?". I pause and reply "No, just a 289" with a dumb look on my face. Then they walk away and don't want to talk anymore. Go figure. What the hell was Ford thinking anyway?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I cant believe ! 1600 -1700 HP
I think the half is enough for that engine.

With No2 think about 1000 to 1200 Hp !

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Robbie,
just curious and off topic, but are you using the German language feature of this new Forum?

thanks

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That be the one! The guy is a metalsmith. Makes some awesome gates for the driveway, and he'll boil your radiator too.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Im just guessing by using the Fordmuscle.com horsepower calc on that car.

I saw the car run 8.20s all day long, and by using the calc it came up with just under 1600 flywheel horsepower to move 4000 lbs. to 8.20s.

1200 horsepower would never move that kind of wieght with that brick shape car to 8.20s.

I know its hard to believe,but it runs 8.20s!

I also think he will hit the 7s with it!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Less than 3500 lbs for a all steel full interior Impala like that?

There are alot of things on that car that are not on a regular street car too!

It has a full 25.1 C rollcage in it that has to be pretty heavy?

Even with the benefit of the doubt at 3500 lbs(no way its that light) it would still take alot of power to move it to 8.20s!

Do you guys know 5-liter Mustangs at full weight can get pretty near 3500 lbs?

I know its a "Chevy" but that car will destroy just about any car it goes up against,and remember all the disadvantges it has going against it.

Fast is Fast...dont matter what brand or how many doors it has?

I give this guy credit for doing something outta the ordinary?

Its powered by a "Fast Times Motorworks" engine out of Chicago,those guys build some wicked ass motors!

There the place that runs that 5.0 Coupe to mind blowing times!

1995 F-350 XLT SuperCab DRW 460 EFI 2x4~~1991 Mustang GT 5.0 5-speed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 1/5/02 1:27pm ]</font>

·
Registered
153 Posts
Sorry 67 stang,
Yes I m using the german .
it works.

I like sleeper cars .
I like cars they are faster than they look!

·
Registered
809 Posts
63 Fastback,

What Ford was thinking was building and selling reliable, affordable cars to the general public. Will your 289 Fastback cruise 70 mph down the Interstate or idle around town all day? That's what it was meant to do. And that's why the 352, 390, 406, and 427 options were available. Keep in mind the base engine was a 223 6 Cylinder, 138 fwhp!!!
Yea Greg is right, when I was a kid there were two '63s in the neighborhood that had the 223 6 cyl. One was a fastback with 3 on the tree, the other was a convert with automatic.

Then there was pop's 63 fastback with 390 & automatic, that he owned when I first got my license.

I cried when he swapped it for a '65 Impala with a 283 and powerglide.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TurboCoupe50 on 1/5/02 9:06pm ]</font>

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
No disrespect intended... Any car running that fast is um... fast!

That car just looked like a hollowed out tin can to me... a BIG tin can, but seriously lightened from what could be seen in the pictures. If the guy has elected to spend the large bills for an all aluminum engine, he's probably trimmed the fat from most other places as well. Right off the showroom, those cars were probably 4000lbs...

Of course, I've never seen the car up close... so I'm just going off pure speculation.

Anyway, I'd much rather see a fast ugly car like that... than some garage queen.

Have Fun!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
No problem N20 Mike, I was just saying that "big ole tub" really moves!

It was so wierd to see it race,it sounded like a pro-stock drag car!

Even at the 60ft. lights the front end was just touching down,and boy those tail lights sure did disappear fast.

I know its not really a total sleeper with a chute and wheelie bars and a pro-stock idle,but it needs all those things to hit the 8.20 ets.

Ill bet your right,the weight of that car is probably between 3500-3800 lbs?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think a 66 or newer falcon or a fairmont would make a pretty cool sleeper. The ultimate would have to be an AMC Pacer (puke green of course) dump that I-6 for a 401ci AMC V-8, I'd like to see the ricers see that one comming

1 - 20 of 26 Posts