Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just gotta get rid of the lake pipes.

Tune up, and cruise

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lgh1157 on 8/17/06 1:58pm ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lgh1157 on 8/17/06 1:58pm ]</font>

·
Registered
830 Posts
NICE !!! It's incredible how just a set of rims can change a cars look.
Cant wait to see it when shes done. So what color paint ?
Mine is still in the shop,I had told my friend ( the owner) to take his time , that was a mistake. Oh well I'm going to see if I can take some pics this weekend of the progress or lack of.
Yours is looking good, I dig that 60's cruiser style!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I kinda like the lake pipes, but I've been called strange at least once in the last few years :^)

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
I'm with gbeeler, i like the pipes too. Don't see them that often unless it's on some hotrod or a merc or something. Almost never on a 64 gal.
Nothing wrong with strang gbeeler. We all have our assets.

I saw a plate I should have the other day on an SUV.
Said "I M NUTZ"

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
You could always do "I-M NUTZ", "IM NUTZ", OR "I M NTZ" even though the other one is taken. They don't make a plate large enough to put "Completely obsessed with spending all my money on this crazy car!" Come to think of it "I M NUTZ" kinda says all that in fewer words.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hey 1157, yup deep six the lakes. I thaught I saw your car on ebay today, but it's just like it. I guess your all talkin license plates too. Here in Ontario, they let you use year plates, and I have a mint pair. It will be teets. What's not is the fact that for another year I'm not driving in the woodward cruise, next year right?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On 2006-08-17 19:09, fakesnake wrote:
looking good. Remind us why you sold the first one?
On 2006-08-17 19:09, fakesnake wrote:
looking good. Remind us why you sold the first one?
uuuumummmmmmmmmmm yeah, heres the story. . . . . . . .

I bought the 63 Galaxie and was really stoked on it, i did alot of work on it in the first year, i had some cash and was gonna bag it, but didn't quite have enough to do it. After some time i started looking at some other 60's cars, i worked out that if i sold the Galaxie and added my funds i would have alot of $$$ to play with on a new project. Anways once i sold the galaxie i realized how much i loved it and how good it had been to me [ awwwwww
] , i also realized that i hadn't finished doing what i wanted to it, the reason i bought this 64 was so can get it to where i want it. I always like the 64's more, always wanted a XL, and liked the idea of running a 289. This Galaxie is gonna be full custom, bagged, flaked out roof, shaved, bellflowers, really simple and clean.

I definitely took the hard road to get here, but im really stoked with the way things turned out.

Ford forever

L

·
Registered
830 Posts
dude all I can say is " Right on!!" I was thinking of doing a heavy flake on my roof. Like I said I like your style. Simple ,and clean with just a few custom changes...
Ok thats it I m gonna have to put the fire under my body shop , so they can get it done !! Thanks for the motivation L
oh and keep posting you progress also Were are you going to get it bagged? I remeber you got your astros for a good price , were was it at ?
And remember if it was an easy road every nerd ( no offense) would have cool customs !!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sleepysal on 8/18/06 1:32pm ]</font>

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On 2006-08-17 22:28, sleepysal wrote:

oh and keep posting you progress also Were are you going to get it bagged?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sleepysal on 8/18/06 1:32pm ]</font>
Im gonna bag it with some guys in the club, not too hard, i've been researching alot. i'll post pics of that for sure

L

1 - 12 of 12 Posts