Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let everyone know. I got to run the stang yesterday, (sunday). Let's just say that there was absolutely NO traction.
While I was hoping to 'pop a 9', the closest I got was a 10.33 (same as last year), but at 132.00+. Best 60 foot was a lousey/sideways 1.55. Pitiful. Like stated above, the track lived up to its name.
On a good note, no abnormal noises, made GREAT power (*too much power). Just NO traction. *one of the track personnel's excuse for the lack of bite was' (and I quote). "Too many streeters"........

Another race in 2 weeks. Hopefully the BITE will be there then.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You could switch over and run a Bowtie, Then you would have all the excuses in the world for running slow times

I am sure you'll get it figured out. We all feel you'r pain. And we will all celebrate with you when you hit the magical nine's..Bob

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last years best, (with good traction), was a 10.3 @ 128 mph. 1.42 60 foot.

This years 330-1/8, etc, are all KILLER next to last years. (i.e. the piss poor traction on the starting line.)
The wheelie bars didn't even touch, let alone the front tires seeing any air. Suck city!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Drag, we need to lobby for somebody to build a new track around here. Between your slippery rock, and our "dust bowl" known as WIR, we have no place to go. Live out in Iowa and you have 3 tracks within an hour, same with Chicago. When I go to the track I would like to get more than my 3 runs and then go to eliminations, go on a day where I can get more than 3 runs in 4 hours for a TNT, and plan ole go during a week night for TNT just to enjoy my car. Slippery rock doesn't sound any better, from what I have heard you and others say, than what we have here. What do ya think we should do?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've heard rumors, (always hear them), that someone was going to build a racing 'complex', up around Spooner area. Haven't heard any more for a couple of months tho.

It truly sucks building a car, and knowing that the closest, (your home track, per se'), sucks royal. Slippery rock is world reknown for its lack of traction. I've stated it before, and I'll state it again. The ONLY time you are guaranteed HOOK there is when the owner is testing and tuning HIS car. Then you want to run absolutely as quickly as you can behind his ass.
For as much money as it costs to run there, and as LITTLE as he spends on track prep, (which has to be NOTHING), there are sure lots of things that could be different. Hell, I'd pay another ten bucks easy, if I was guaranteed there might be some semblance of traction once in a while.
ABSOLUTELY HORSESHIT. (sorry, had to vent).......

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
At least you got a track to go to. 89 coupe and I have to go 150 miles to get to one
. Our track here in Albuquerque has been closed for over a year.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Steve

checkout Interstate Dragway sometime.
I know its a longer haul but they do prep the track EVERY race. 8 sec cars run there regularly. Im 400 miles form a decent track....and that does sucketh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts