Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running Doug's D661Y headers with an AOD or AODE trans behind their small block? I'm wanting to know if there are clearance issues with the AODE trans? Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not sure if this helps but A list from Rod and customs for headers that work with their package includes Dougs 660y (S for stick and A for auto).He doesn't specify the bbk 1569 but in a month or so I will be able to verify cmefly's post on the MII install of said headers and forward this info to his customers!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ordered Doug's headers D661Y-R (Raw) to see how they fit the TCI front suspension and steering. And to see if they will clear the 4R70W trans. They fit great. I did need to move the collector on driver's side about one inch to give plenty of clearance around the shift linkage on trans. I took pictures and let Doug's Headers know about this issue and they are going to make changes for this application because it looks like more people are doing this trans install. I'll post pictures if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
109 Posts
im curious just incase im unable to install the t5 setup

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would like to look at the fit as well, I have the R&C front end, top loader,and bbk 1569 that I still have not mocked up. Especially the collector you modified and the steering shaft to the rack.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the column shift linkage isn't going to work with these headers. So now I'm going to try a cable linkage through the fenderwell and down under the car and come at the trans from the rear, shifting it like a floor shift. I installed a Lokar shift lever in the trans to have a little more adjustment in the throw. Should know next week if this setup will work or not.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I now have a cable system running from the column to the rear of the trans so it shifts as if it were a floor shift. It takes a fairly long cable to do this, but was able to hide it under the edge of the car and floor board. Made brackets for the trans and upper end.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Look good, it's coming along which must feel good. Your job on the collector looks sweet, can't even tell you were there except for the heat shows. Iam hoping I won't have to do that. I may need another month before I get to that stage. Thanks for the pics

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I reinstalled the PNRD switch today and still had room around the collector so that little item is done. I also looked to see if the 03 trans had provisions for a speedometer drive gear because susposeably 03's didn't, and this one still has a speedo gear on output shaft.:) Now I need to find a speedo adapter to attach my speedo generator to. Anyone know which one might be the right one? Here are some pics. (The one in the first picture would have worked, had a adapter made at a speedometer shop. $60)

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts