Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 86 5.0 motor that has all the emissions equipment deleted. I want to plug the 2 holes in the back of the heads. I heard ford makes a delete bolt kit, does anyone know the part #. Or has someone plugged these and remembered the size bolts used? I'm trying to keep a clean looking engine so i want get rid of that pipe across the back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 68stang5.0 on 4/12/02 12:22pm ]</font>

·
Registered
180 Posts
I believe they are 5/8" course thread.
Ford does make plugs for the holes that adapts them to the right size for the alternator and p/s bolts but I seem to recall that my parts guys had a very hard time finding the listing for them.

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I don't have a smog motor but my Windsor heads came with these holes tapped large for the air pump tubes. The bosses were just not drilled through into the exhaust ports. I made the parts person at my local Ford place look these up on the computerized microfiche. It took him a while but he found the number and they had them in stock. They come in 2 packs. Unfortunately, I don't remember the number. These things are threaded on the outside and on the inside and notched on the end so you can screw them in. The inside threads work for things like an alternator bolt, coil mount or the ground strap at the back passenger side head. They come with dry loctite on the threads.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
This should be right, Trick Flow pt# TFS-51400265. I ordered mine from summit.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I don't remember the sizes but I got a couple of brass pipe thread plugs from my local parts store for about .98 cents each. They worked great.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Way to go Walt, that is the right way to plug your heads. Be aware that you will need to run a tap into those holes to clean out the carbon build up in them, or the plugs wont go in, or at the least not all the way.

I picked mine up at a local ford speed shop, cost me a bit but worth it.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I think it is called a Thermactor Plug. World Castings Products mentions a Ford Part F4ZZ6E0868 its tech information sheet that comes with the Windsor Jr. Heads.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Dragman--how much were those plugs? I can't find them on Summit's website.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
$2.99 ea. Just copy the part number and paste it in the little box on summits site that says "Enter your summit part number"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts