Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done rebuilding a 351c 2v new crank and rods new bearings cam rings and had the heads all machined with new guides and valve job after installing in car I found intake sucking oil from valley into intake ports filling exhaust with oil I replaced intake and valley pan since I have fixed the car still smokes bad I have good compression and idles at 600 runs strong but smokes like crazy any ideas I’m at wits end

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Dont overlook the simple things, I know of a small block chevy that used oil and was tore down three times because of oil use. It turned out that the owner put a set of valve covers on it that didn't have a baffle for the PVC valve and it sucked oil into the intake.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Are valve stem seals in place and sealing? Are you getting too much oil up top? Can you run it with the valve covers off, or cut the tops off and old set to observe oil level and check drain back from the top of the heads?

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
Silly question, but have you run it enough to burn off what's in the exhaust?

Also, if intake was leaking, what did you do to make the second gasket and intake not leak? I'd start there. Usually a leaking intake gasket is cause by the cut block and/or heads more than the intake itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts