Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 94 GT and took all four wheels and brakes off, got really EVERYTHING.
Any help on putting these 5 lug 4 wheel disc setups on a 93
LX 4cyl Fox body? Still have the car.
All help appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did it on my '89 GT about 3 weeks ago. I found that the mag wheel washers from Advance auto work perfectly. Get two packs of them. You only use 3 for each side. These will be your shims for the lower balljoint nut. You can eliminate this by getting a '94 lower from moog. They are suppodedly the only ones that fit right in the older arms. You might have some trouble with your right brake line. Mine did not fit right. I had to use the left one and grind it down to fit. Looks perfect though. You WILL need to re-align. You are going to need about 12 turns out on each side for your toe-in adjustment. An easy way to get it right is to have a helper with you. First set your camber as close as you can with a 12" level. Hold it on the outside of the rim lip on the front and rear of the rim. when I say "rear" I mean towards the door. I set mine at about 1/8" which leans towards about -1.5* of camber. Grab something about 2 feet long in your garage and tape it to your level. I used 3/8 brake line and electrical tape. The electrical tape shrinks as its wraped so your brake line is not loose on the level. Now get a measurement with the level flush against the front of the wheel and the rear of the front wheel. Whearever the brake like touches the floor, put a line down. Do this for both sides. Use a tape measure to figure out what your toe in is. You want to shoot for 3/16's. All of these steps must be performed with the vehicle on the ground and the suspension settled. Back it out of the garage and pull it back it to settle the suspension. It will make your readings much more accurate. Doing this procedure and having my alignment professionally checked, I was damn near dead on!!! They were shocked. Actually, so was I. HAHA This is about the easiest swap for the car. Its also the basis for the whole Cobra 13" brake set up. If you can, find some of the PBR aluminium dual piston calipers and brackets. They are amazing considering what the car used to be like. If you have any troubles you can email me or post here. [email protected] Oh, yeah, do NOT use a fork on your lower balljoint or tie rods to seperate them!!! You will ruin the boots for sure. My method is probally the best and easiest. Support the car on jackstands near the K-member. Put your floor jack under the balljoint with just a tiny bit of pressure on the joint. Now take a big hammer and whack the spindle. The spindle and arm will fall apart and the boots will be perfect. Nothing will fly around or hurt you. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts