Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when we got this car it had been sitting since 79 or 80. A mouse community had grown over those years. It stunk bad so I took out all the interior and we are going to start over. The seats and door panels actually cleaned up very nicely. The metal is really nice. There is some deep surface rust under the back seat where the majority of mouse central was so from the inside down not the bottom up. The cardboard box is a mock up of the Restomod AC I'm going to install. Going to have to remove part of the fresh air duct for more clearence. Oh yeah, and a bunch of the under dash wiring is chewed pretty good so I think I'm going to go with an aftermarket wiring kit.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sorry I should have stated, 1966 Mercury Monterey
Ok. The black one. Love that car. My dad had a 2-door 67 in sky blue with a 428. Didn't realize you were diving in that deep already.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. The black one. Love that car. My dad had a 2-door 67 in sky blue with a 428. Didn't realize you were diving in that deep already.
It is actually a dark metallic blue. Funny thing is I didn’t know I was going to dive in this deep either. 😁 I think I’m going to rob from my other 2 projects to do this one first. I have a Rear Wilwood disc brake kit from my Galaxie and a 6R80 from my truck project that will help this Merc along. Here is the cleaned up seat, not a single rip in the vinyl, don’t know why the picture is upside down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts