Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new water neck from Summit (another chinese made one probably) and also ordered the gasket, made by stant, that has an adhesive back to hold the t-stat in place so you can start the bolts. I thought "cool, that will be nice" but the gasket holes don't line up with the water neck holes!! You would think that BOTH companies would have templates of each others product so they know where the F*ck to put their holes!! So either the neck is useless or the gaskets (pack of 10) are useless. I haven't figured out which yet. I'm going to the local parts store and buy a Fel-pro gasket and see if that lines up. I should have got Fel-pro to begin with because they always seem to know what they are doing! If a fel-pro gasket doesnt fit either I'm going to be royally pissed!!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Instead of driving 20 minutes for another gasket, I decided, "screw it I'm going to make the S.O.B work!". I aligned the gasket over the neck so that the holes lined up "almost" equally. The bolt holes were not quit aligned so I applied a good layer of RTV around the gasket and forced the bolts through the holes. NOW, they're aligned correct...lol. I'll let the silicone setup over night and see if it leaks tomorrow.
This time I'm putting just water in first and if it's good to go THEN I'll drain it and add antifreeze.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
I just did mine and the holes weren't exactly lined up. The only difference with me is that I just dealt with it and moved on. No rtv. No leaks.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dealt with mine also...

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I welded my leaky bastard up!

No you didn't...that's what a person who didn't know any better would do. We all know that you know better than that...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts