Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i'm in my computer internet technology class in High school... i'm by far more advanced then the other students, and the teacher acknowlages that so i don't do as much. I came to this site, because it has become a hobby, or habit, either way i love to visit the site, and i started thinking to myself.... I'm so smart in computers.. and i am so smart in cars compared to most 16 yr old's... and practically upto 25 yr olds.. i need to get out of school, i am so bored sitting here not learning anything except for in auto class, i should really only have to go to school for auto, and maybe math, and yet... i'm stuck here for another 2-3 years, plus auto tech school.....is there any sort of drug or surgery i could have to make me smart enough to get out of school, like RIGHT NOW!!??!!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Ahhhhh I remember when I knew everything! After 20 years in aircraft, I now find myself in a job making less than people that didn't finish school... & I went to college for a year! Makes ya wonder.....

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Geez ...

I have a 14 year old daughter ... I'm just hoping I can get her to 25, without her thinking (along the way) she is so smart that she makes some instantanious decision the screws up the rest of her life

So far so good

frdnut ... I like the one that says ...

"Youth is wasted on the young"

Larry Madsen
Las Vegas Nevada

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MonsterMach on 4/9/02 3:33am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
The older I get, the less I realize I know...:D Don't worry, your "wisdom" will soon take care of itself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fxcomet on 4/9/02 4:12am ]</font>

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
At 17 I knew everything too. At 31 I realized that what I've learned most is how to "take the pain" of getting kicked in the balls everytime I was wrong or thought I new the answer so I didn't really think about it.

I'm not tryin' to bust your balls but I was you a few years ago. Your life will change alot in the next few years. 'Specialy when you meet the "right girl." You will find out that SHE is always right.

If your bored, that means your not working hard enough. Tell the teacher that your a little bored and need a chalange.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Some suggestions

1. Take the toughest courses you can. Don't just get by, excel. Take a college prep program and take a shot at getting into a university for engineering instead of auto tech school.

2. The magic pill you're looking for is called dropping out. But, be careful, it has side effects - you get smarter for the next two years and then dumber for the fifty after that.

3. Work hard at classes you hate. Literature may not make you a buck later on, but it will expand your mind and make you a better person. The ability to have an intelligent conversation can be very attractive to the opposite sex, too.

4. Begin to believe that boredom is your own fault (because it is). Make the most of your circumstances, don't just sit around waiting for them to change.

5. If you really are that smart, look into early admission to a college or trade school. If your grades and test scores are good, you might be able to do it after your junior year.

6. See your school counselor for more suggestions. That is what he or she is paid to do.

Disclaimer - The above was written by a school principal and may reflect his prejudices. No teens were harmed in the making of this post.

PS Do you want to sell your car?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i've pretty much have heard all that all through grade school, the only classes that i suffer at are english and science, so that makes me uneligable for early college. And i know when i grad. from High school, I'm going to Ohio Technical College, in cleveland, it's an auto school. Then i would love to get a huge ass loan to open my own shop but i don't think i would able to, but it's a plan at least

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Randy ...

All you need now is to understand enough about Science to know what is going on with the car stuff ...

Enough about English to communicate well with you customer base ...

And enough about human nature to not cause problems for yourself.

Seems those are your three weakest subjects ... Study Up

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Hey Tim1859,
That was very good stuff man. Geeeez, I wish I had u fer a teecher way back when......I mite have mounted to sumthin by now.
Seriously Tim, very well put. I hope the young man will accept the "Quality Advice".

Good Luck Randy.
LJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts