Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOCIAL SECURITY: (This is worth the read. It's short and to the point.)

Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years. Our
Senators and Congressmen do not pay into Social Security and, of
course, they do not collect from it. Social Security benefits were not
suitable for persons of their rare elevation in society.

They felt they should have a special plan for themselves. Many years ago
they voted in their own benefit plan. In more recent years, no
congressperson has felt the need to change it. After all, it is a great
plan.

For all practical purposes their plan works like this: When they retire,
they
continue to draw the same pay until they die, except it may increase
from
time to time for cost of living adjustments. For example, former Senator
Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw
$7,800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand), with their
wives drawing $275,000.00 during the last years of their lives.
This is calculated on an average life span for each.

Their cost for this excellent plan is $00.00. Nada. Zilch. This little
perk
they voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for
this plan.

The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General
Funds--our tax dollars at work! From our own Social Security Plan,
which you and I pay (or have paid) into--every payday until we retire
(which amount is matched by our employer)--we can expect to get an
average $1,000 per month after retirement. Or, in other words, we
would have to collect our average of $1,000. monthly benefits for 68
years and one (l) month to equal Bradley's benefits!

Social Security could be very good if only one small change were made.
And that change would be to jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement
Plan from under the Senators and Congressmen. Put them into the Social
Security plan with the rest of us and then watch how fast they
would fix it!!!!!

No wonder they spend so much money to get elected!

·
Registered
848 Posts
i really hate those people. i guess they are better than us working people. i bet they get health care for free until they die also. we need to be able to vote on issues like this. a government for the people? more like a government for the government and the rich!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Yeah, they got it made. All they have to do is lose an election to draw money. I have a 58% disability & had to get medical retirement(through termination) from Boeing. SSI says no to my claim. I can't do the work I was trined all my life to do. We pay these [email protected]#holes salaries & we get treated like this? You know... the voices told me to stay home & clean my guns today...

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
The other day my parents got something from Social Security. It showed how much each of them have put in so far, and what they expect to get when they retire. My dad has put in 9k and my mom put in 45k. My dad will recieve $450 a month. While my mom will only get $900 a month. Shouldn't my mother get 5 times the check than my dad. Since she has put in 5 times as much. Or my should my dad only get 1/5 the amount as my mom. I guess that this has taught me to invest on my own, and not give any money to Social Sercurity.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Careful Tom, last time I raised political issues on this forum some got mad. Didn't you post that you are 33 years old earlier Tom? Don't worry about social security because you won't get it. It's gonna be broke by then. The U.S. is a government for sale to the highest bidder and most people just sit on their ass letting it happen to them. I recently single-handedly fought off a tax increase in my town by a crooked school board and superintentant. It's been the talk of the town for weeks. GET INVOLVED!!! Thats the only way things are going to change. I write all of my representatives, I've written our crooked Prez. Then after you have some info go vote. Our forefathers would puke if they could see what a nation of pussies we have become.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Lets all watch what happens to the people involved with the Enron coverup, biggest scam in history, with a trail leading right to the white house. They will get slaps on the wrist before it's over, and they will keep most of the money. Already we don't even hear about it anymore.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Most people don't know & weren't informed when the became of job age you DO NOT have to put money into SSI. If you stop you'll lose all you've paid in & can't get medicare/medicaid. It's a poor investment. I try to put at least $100/200 a month in the bank for a IRA every year & have a good 401K where I worked & work now. It's like the old Fram commercial"pay me a little now, or a lot later". BTW Get involved! It's amazing how far you can go. My wife & I had dinner with the Mayor & Police chief at THEIR expense last night! A little volunteer time goes a long way.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Qrtmiler,
Really, how do I do that. I would really like to set that up. Since I am young I will not really lose that much. I have talk to different "professionals" and they said that I cannot do that. So any information is welcomed.

Dyno Tom,
How did you come by this information. I just want to make sure that this information is reputable and not three or fourth hand information. Thanx.

To the people north of the border. Does Canada have anything like this?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
My biggest bitch with SS is poor investment. Some dumb government slob invests this money poorly with poor returns for our investments.

SS needs to be done by an outside investment firm. Sure cut them a percentage for the money that they make, but at least it would be a real return on the money invested.

SS is a good idea, just a poorly executed plan.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On 2002-05-15 16:17, 68 stang wrote:

Dyno Tom,
How did you come by this information. I just want to make sure that this information is reputable and not three or fourth hand information. Thanx.
I got it from Ted (the Sledge) Nugent show.He was talking with some guy who tracks all the goverment spending to find thier excess spending.I imagine it's fairly accurate?

Good question about Canada too?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DynoTom on 5/16/02 8:20am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Yes, our politicians are just as bad. What really pisses me off is that after 1 term, they get a pension for the rest of their lifes. I believe they should not qualify for that pension if they serve less than 3 terms. If they are elected a 3rd time, then yes, they deserve some sort of recognition but to run and win once, screw everyone, and retire on a $80,000-100,000 annual pension is just *$#%inf crazy!

I also am right now fighting for a disability pension. I have had back surgery twice, and am screwed up again. The Workers Compensation Board figure that because my job isn't stable, I don't deserve the full amount. I don't know about you guys but I have a hard time living right now on $510 a week ($510 Cdn=$240 US)
When I work, I make great money, and I pay huge taxes. Not bragging but my revenue for 2001 was $163,889. I paid big income tax on that.....look where it got me, injured and broke.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Government rip offs and scandles happen all the time!

It's just most of the time it takes a while for them to surface to the public that's all?

We just had two local scandles here in Wisconsin.

The first one was a pension scandle that was set up by the Milwaukee County Executive.

He had a very porfitable pension plan for retiring city workers.

It got exposed and he got re-called along with 17 other representatives that voted the pension package in.

The re-calls are still going on and we just elected a new County exec in a special election last week.

The other one was our Govener that had the States fleet of luxury aircraft flying him and his family to all sorts of non goverment things.

He had a new Falcon jet that the state ownes take his family and his sons girlfriend to a soccer match out of state!

It was all over the newspapers about how much these trips cost the tax payers of Wisconsin.

It was totally outragous to see these planes getting used at that expense for such Bulls**t!

I'm sure this type of thing happens all the time in other states to and that makes me mad as heck at these guys!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
THAT'S IT !!!!! I've had enough ! I am finally going to do what my ceral tells me to do .

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
There is a name for a scheme that takes money from new people entering the scheme in order to pay those that have been in the scheme for a while and doesn't "stock pile" the money anywhere.

It's called a "Ponsey Scheme" or a "Pyramid Scheme" ... If you or I tied to set one of these up, we would be thrown in jail.

Geeez, and our fine President FDR thought this was a wonderful thing to do.

Say what you want about him ... but he was pretty damn short sighted in my opinion.

I just hope to hell GWB and a Republican controlled Congress can begin a "Fix" to this mess with privatization of portions of it.

Someone has to wean our lazy ass, soup line, give me something for nothing public ... off this redistribution of the wealth vote grabbing mess we have going on here.

OK ... I'm done now

Larry Madsen
Las Vegas Nevada

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MonsterMach on 5/16/02 10:12pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Do ya feel better now?
I've read this whole thread with a grin on my face and a little voice going..."yea, it's all true, but you could live in ______ (insert any other country on earth here.) Social Security not perfect? Not by a long shot! Was it designed to give every citizen a comfortable living at retirement? Nope. It was designed as a result of what went on in the depression and people living on the street after having lost everything. With Social Security, you will at least have something. Now the point about it being dead and gone by the time some of us hit retirement age is a good one. My take on it is this: No way in Hades is any sitting president or congressman/senator gonna let it happen. Why? It'll be political suicide not just for the individuals involved, but for the political partys. Keep the pressure on the buttheads up there guys, but don't panic. Just my 2 cents, er actually it's 1.3 cents after taxes...

·
Registered
521 Posts
stuff like this.... well
it makes me confused to be honest.... part of me believes that i shoudl become more involved in the "government" perse... like this monday i had a juror summons... i went, i was not picked however, but due to circumstances i decided to watch the proceedings... i did.. and i learned some stuff....

however.. the more i learn about the government/the way it works/et cetera.... make me just want to ignore it all and become a "anarchist" to a degree...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts