Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crane solid cam # 361421, 296-296 dur. 106 L/S .591 lift it is a good cam makes hp to 7500, 13.5-1 comp with SR heads 2.02-1.60 valves. is there a better cam out there. Give me your ideas I want stay with a solid liffter cam oh it is a stick car weighing 3500 lbs race only vic jr intake with a 750 dp or 850 dp carb

Alan

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
This doesn't exactly address your question but do the Sr heads flow up to .590 lift? I don't recall them doing that unless you have worked them over pretty good. Also, if thats a symetrical grind your heads need to be flowing at the optimum intake to exhaust ratio or you are loosing a litte bit there too. Maybe the heads need some extra little work instead of looking at a different cam.

Also, you have the compression for it so I would maybe run alcohol in that if your aren't already. You could pick up a half second or better going to alcohol if its tuned right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hottarod on 2/27/02 12:39pm ]</font>

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would stay away from those cam research guys if I were you...

Your heads will need to flow big time in the upper rpm range to use this cam (especially with the lack of air at Bandimere I'd say get the heads done to match the cam or call crane or comp and have them recommend one for your combination.

1964 fairlane 500 hard top - 289 - 4 speed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sportcoupe on 2/27/02 3:55pm ]</font>

·
Registered
284 Posts
how would i get something like his, streetable though mine purz loud vibe through car smooth. how should my madmax built for freeway 66 fairlane be hooked up. almost done with all but new engine, i want a new 302... i want way more more power , a little rougher idle. im a desert racer wunabe, so i keep the 2.73's have high top speeds...anyone ..anyone??!! (C-4) and what converter, i dont want to have to hit it just to get going mind you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wunaberacer on 2/27/02 4:43pm ]</font>

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I have learned about cam research won't deal with them any more. we run Juelsburg and PMI 99% of the time we just can't deal with Bandemere, hurry up and wait! the Sr head flow up to .620 lift

1 - 6 of 6 Posts