Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just bought a 1994 Honda passport at an auction and it’s a nice car but it has a few problems. first It has mid rpm stumble, like a cylinder just doesn’t fire sometimes but it sounds good at ‘’idle’’, the second problem is the ‘’turn signals’’ they don’t work ive checked all of the bulbs and fuses but they just don’t turn on, so I think it may be the switch in the steering wheel but I haven’t checked yet. And last but not least the MAF sensor, there was a small engine compartment fire and the ‘plug’ that was inserted in it was frayed and wires where exposed, so I fixed the problem and now it wont start at all, ive checked the voltage at the wire and there was.. but when inserted in to the sensor im not getting voltage….. and at autozone if I want to get a rebuilt one it’s around 270$ so any suggestions

Oh and ive already replaced the cap,Rotor, plugs,wires,oil,ect

·
Registered
460 Posts
First make sure none of the wires in the MAF harness are shorted to one another. If you then unplug the Mass AirFlow sensor it should start and run in 'Limp-in' mode, which would tell you the problem's likely the MAF sensor itself. Did the fire do any other damage? What caused the fire? Has that been fixed? Try removing and cleaning the MAF sensor. The little wire in there can get a film of oily gunk on it which skews the readings and could cause your stumble. Gently swab it with a Q-tip. You do have a scanner, don't you? It's about impossible to troubleshoot without one! Since this vehicle is 12 years old, you should be able to find a used scanner for cheap on Ebay, etc. Look for a Snap-On MT2500 with the import adapters that will work on up to a '94 vehicle. It should cost a lot less than blindly buying a MAF sensor, O2 sensors, TPS, etc.

·
Registered
75 Posts
On 2006-08-19 21:29, trukstopcowboy wrote:
we dont wear bow ties and certainly dont eat rice. google is your friend
We? Speak for yourself. I've worn a bow tie and rice is good. The guy's obviously a ford fan.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Get a new MAF/MAP at a junk yard and get a new plug for it then too. Many Pick and Pull's down your way man.

FE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts