Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
If I remember correctly reading the C/L listing...
the seller (pat_man)... BS selling point, muscle car with great patina
did not state what was done to engine, but simply stated that engine was out of car.. and buyer could build motor to the way he wished....
along with some other important info that was left out in the listing as well...

(picture) lookes like a parts car that need bodywork, paint job and all mechanical work done...

maybe if he had listed what has been done to motor, rearend etc..... he would have gotten a different response or no response at all....;)

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
I say, who cares! He'll soon find out by the lack of interest or the amount of extremely low offers, that he's got the price way too high. I just laugh and roll my eyes. It's not going to make the price of cars go up and he's going to own that one for a very long time! Soon he'll do some homework on selling prices and learn how OFF he is on HIS!

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
I think a lot of the wild price swings are 99% of right place/right time... seen some BEAUTIFUL cars go dirt cheep, parts cars go skyhigh... the barrett-jackson syndrome has tv buffs all thinking their car is worth 6 figures, truly frustrating to folks that have truly nice cars and cant get a nibble even if giving it away... Ive put about 4k in our gal, doubt it would sell for even 2k (4 door/rusty door bottoms- have new doors, cant bring myself to repaint it though), but I would never sell it if even offered stupid money for it...

when someone has to sell their 'labor of love' and cant get even a fraction of their money(let alone hundreds of hours of work) out of it, it kinda gets folks upset... dont go away mad, just understand some folks opinions are kinda deep seeded and gets their blood boiling kinda easily at times...the tv auction prices a few years ago really truly upset a lot of true car enthusiasts, as uber-rich car flippers made everything 'worth xxxxx dollars' to everyone with a tv...really harmed the average car buffs a lot.

most of us arent trying to flip/profit from these old cars, just enjoy seeing them around all these decades down the road. believe it or not, this is likely one of if not THE best galaxie site around, tons of help from a lot of very experienced and talented folks, however opinionated we might be at times :)

hope if you stay in the galaxie world, you stop back once in a while- good luck with your car whatever your plans are :) not a whole lot of 4 door enthusiasts out there, but as years march on, they are becoming more popular- thankfully as years back 4 doors seem to have just headed to the shredder :( I was never a big fan of 4 doors, but our 65 has really grown on me...I need to put a little update to its story today too

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I'll never get back the money I've put into my Galaxie since I purchased her in 1969, but so what?

And, I'll never get back the money I spent on my 03 retro TBird, 04 LS, or my 2010 Explorer.

If I were into cars to make a buck, I should never have worked in Telecommunications Management/Project Management from the mid 70's to 2007.

The only car I ever sold and made a profit on was my first car in 1960, a 1953 Ford 4 dr, flathead, three speed column shift.

Paid $250, sold her for $275.

Big bucks back then.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts