Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an Olympus 2100UZ and am in love w/it. This makes picture taking just too easy..........I figured I'd share some shots of my garage w/u guys. Feel free to send some of yours.

I replicated the "service station" look after my late Uncle's, Ashern garage.

I use spot lighting for "effect", also have flourescent lighting for "working" mode LOL

I made a "storefront" inside my garage, behind the windows are storage areas for my compressor,tools, paint etc.

garage size is only 24' X 26'.....designed it myself, had many car buds help build it.

the daily driver

The 4'X8' Coca-Cola sign behind the Skyliner is circa 1939. We have been avid sign collectors for over 25 yrs,.....love that old stuff. Who said you can't go back in time?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lindenj on 4/8/02 1:55am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
That's just too cool Linden. I think I'd have to live in it out there if it was mine. Too cool not to be in all the time. You and Greg Cook seem to have that special knack of making cool rooms and living space. I love your garage!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Two words... Bas Ass! My wife & I are collecting race car/Mustang/Cyclone Spoiler stuff for out computer room but nothing compared to this awsome room!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Unbelieveably cool! I'm thinking you spend more time out there than you do in the house??? Looks very impressive, Linden!!!!! Two thumbs up!

·
Registered
146 Posts
WOW!!! Awesome garage! It's almost too nice to do work in. Now I have something to shoot for. How long did it take to get it to that point?

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Aw, that can't be a garage, Linden! It's too clean! Where's the garbage cans overflowing with oil bottles, beer cans, and kitty litter? Where's the grease spots on the floor? Where's the old wheels stacked up in the corners by the door? Where are the rear end housings sitting in the driveway?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Where's the pool table? Too cool!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 85Mike on 4/7/02 7:04am ]</font>

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Your not adopting are you? I am house trained!
Real Nice. Have had drawings of the perfect shop but now I have seen the real thing.
Fred

·
Registered
278 Posts
Way cool Linden, but your shop is what I consider an extreme shop, not what us normal guys have as a shop. Mine is just a regular garage.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.....it took us many years of collecting and sacrificing other (treats) to build our dream shop. And WDF, I can transform what you see to a full service shop in a few minutes...........hey, I did a frame off four year "TOTAL RESTO" on my Skyliner in this shop. That was every bolt/rivet...every peice dismantled and replaced. I have all the tools and supplies well hidden. Actually what is left of our collection is just a fraction of what we had......we sold most of it to finance the "Skyliner Project".
Thanks Again!
LJ

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Our Secret is right here,

we still have our first "starter home"....only 860 sq ft.........but its plenty big enough for the two of us. No large mortgage so we could afford our dream shop. Hey 65Falcon.....the only consulting done here was between me and the bank
....the lighting I did.....proves u can have dark walls....just highlite em w/good lighting........anytime any of you should pass through these parts, be sure to look us up.......we'll show u the town and some great cars.......that's after the bud,spud and barbeque'd t-bones!!!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah n2o, I am a very fortunate guy to have such a Special Gal for my wife.........she loves the stuff as much, maybe more than me. She also helped me w/my Skyliner resto every day!!......I thank the "lucky stars" above for her. Thanks.
LJ

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Linden
I must of married your wife's sister. For years, as I did long haul, she was the mom / dad for my 3 sons. Now that I am home a lot, she comes out, get dirty/ greasy with us and she loves cars. When I finally get project 54 on the road (2003) she wants a 3 window or a 51 Ford p/up.
A lot of us always gripe about the wifes but they keep us in line and help save face.
Fred

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Alas, my wife is not into cars
. She told me the other day that she'd be satisfied if they built one that drove itself... I didn't have the nerve to tell her that the way some people drive, they might as well do that anyway...
Anyway, she tolerates my hobby, doesn't gripe too much unless I spend too much, and actually went to a couple of cruises and a car show with me a couple of years ago. ('course that was BEFORE I put the headers and the X-pipe on..) Now she won't get in it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
What a nice job and whata collection. I was in your home town years ago and I have always loved Canada. I wish we had the fishing down here you guys have, no wait a minute I wouldn't have time for the cars.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts