Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to know where to find the number crunching for changing cubic inches to CC's, but I've lost it. (or brain farted it away).
In either case, what does 418 cubes come to in CC's?
(I'm thinking of making a custom plate for the side of the car).........

thanx in advance.

·
Registered
539 Posts
1inch=2.54cm
1cubic inch =16.4 cm3
418ci=6850cm3 or cc's give or take a couple.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx!
So, now I've got a 6.8 (give or take), or, would I round it up to 6.9? instead of a 5.8.........cool........all I gotta do is find the right size 6 and glue 'em on...........cool!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drag79stang on 2/27/02 11:21am ]</font>

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well if you want to be just like ford.......roudn it up to a 6.9. thats what ford did with all the 351's and there cc's were 5756....yours is only 1 cc off. that and bigger is better
!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For sure.......AT the local track here, I'd have even MORE DF's standing around looking at the car, saying WTF?

I think I'll start working on the 6.9 emblems today!
Thanks again, guys! You be da bestest!

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, Ford did use the 6.9 from 83 to 87. Unfortunately they (ford), didn't utilize any kind of decals/emblems whatsoever stating what size the engines were, just the fact that they were indeed diesels. Bummer.
I'll keep searching.
Tried searching for 4.6 emblems. figured I could cut 4 in half, turn the other 6's upside down and glue 'em together, but can't even find 4.6 emblems to trash........

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Or you could have a local vinal sign place whip up some decals for you.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Decals just wouldn't have that 'factory' look to them.
I'll keep searching. Maybe GM or (gawk), dodge has something useable.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Well there is the 396. I think it would look kinda out of place if it was'nt the same font (is that the right word? style?) as the 5.0 badges.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, they'd be too small. (I still have a pair in the garage from the old brand x car).
I'll keep checking, tho.
thanx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts