Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thinking it was here that someone lived in Olympia, WA but forgot the nick. Trying to find out bout a cruise in Lacey. There's one on Fridays but don't know where it is. Could be others for all I know. I might call a few parts places to see if they know also.

I only have til like the 26th to find one. I want to take the granddaughter of a friend of mine to her first cruise in her first car. :) It's not a Ford, sorry. But she thinks of it as a Corvette and loves it to death and i sure can't say anything bout anyone's car love. Unlike mine, her's is in perfect original condition and really is the little old lady story. Or rather it was hers til she and then the husband died. It's a '77 Buick Skylark so not a desirable car to most but it sure is to her! She is leaving for college on the 28th which is why the time limit.

Her mom had to show her where the dimmer switch and light switch, all that stuff was as she didn't know. Funny how we forget small things like that because most of us started out with a separate switch for everything and today all are combined almost. Especially finding how to dim or bright the lights!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm not sure about up there. I have a buddy works in Lacey, will see if I can find out tomorrow.
I have a schedule for the local area here(Vancouver) if you might be coming this way.

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was thinking you were in the vancouver area. Someone here is from the Olympia area, oh wait, they are up here or north of me but drives down to oly to have coffee with some car guys but forgot what day and that's early in the day.

The second parts place i called had the answer. Fridays in the church parking lot near the old theater on Martin Way (think i said Marvin in PM lol) behind BCP pizza and brewery and near O'Blarney's. Might go down there tomorrow. First i got to wash and wax the shotrod for the car show at Griot's Garage Saturday in Tacoma. I get a good parking spot that way and Danny Vernon is going to be there so finally will see him also. :)

Church addy is:
4431 Martin Way East
Olympia, WA 98516

Exit 109 from the north, turn right and it's just a little ways past the light on the left.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Went to visit car tonite, doors are hung, fenders getting squared up...almost done!(with paint anyway)found a new bumper from "Stan the Ford Man" 500$ Going to visit him tomorrow, will check him out
I know sorta off topic:)

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And you know i never ever go off topic! lol Hope the car is done soon but since summer took so long to get here maybe winter will take longer to get here too! Never met Stan but known of him for years. The go-to guy for parts from what i understand.

There's a guy at the one cruise here with a nice fairlane but also has a '67 camaro vert that isn't all nice and shiny and one yellow door, no top. He told my buddy charlie that i didn't like the camaro cause it's a chevy, she likes my fairlane cause it's a ford. I had to laugh cause i don't remember the fairlane that well and i do like the camaro, cause it isn't perfect and he drives his year round rain or shine if he feels like it, like i do my own car. He says so, if i get it painted you won't like any more? I said maybe and then he says if i leave the yellow door on there? Told him yeah, then there's a better chance! lol He has a '37 studebaker too but he hasn't brought it before, he said maybe next year. I enjoy seeing all the different cars, especially the not so common like the studes, hudsons, nashes, packards all levels of condition and such. Hoping to be going to Lacey tomorrow night, looking forward to seeing some new cars.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Hey shot rod. I live here in Olympia there is a get together every friday at the old movie theater in lacey coming from your place take I-5 south to exit 109 take a right and go thru the light it is on your left behind the sharis and red lobster its free and for all types of cars, usually people start showing up around 430, they always have music and are cooking food. I am there when I can be. hope to see you there.
Paul

·
Administrator
21,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey shot rod. I live here in Olympia there is a get together every friday at the old movie theater in lacey coming from your place take I-5 south to exit 109 take a right and go thru the light it is on your left behind the sharis and red lobster its free and for all types of cars, usually people start showing up around 430, they always have music and are cooking food. I am there when I can be. hope to see you there.
Paul
That's the same one i believe. Called autozone. lol Same exit but didn't even notice where the theater was but the guy that told me where it was asked me if i knew where the theater was. The fusion coffee place was doing the cooking i believe and the double chocolicious drink was delicious, they gave out samples. Thought that was cool that they walked around giving out samples. I got there between 4:30 and 5. They said the weekend before there were a lot more people but there were a lot there then too.

Gave a young kid my email to email me so i could send him a scan of an old ad for his car touting the all new aluminum engine but he never has so guess he's not to interested. 10 yrs from now if he still has the car then he'll probably think he should of. I would of gave him the original ad next time since it would be cool to have, or would be to me but guess right now it isn't to him. Kids, what can we do? :)

You'll have to let me know when you go next time as i doubt i go all the way down there too often. Next time i'm going through yelm though, forget the rubber neckers on the freeway slowing traffic to a crawl.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts