Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 351 Windsor built.(Or is it a Cleveland) When I got the #s off the block it said: DIAE-6015 DA. I went to the site that Robbi posted and it had for the manifolds: DIAE-DA is off a 71 Cleveland. DIAE-CA was off a 71 Windsor. Forgive my stupidity but aren't the manifold and block going to have the same DIAE-DA and maybe some other #s to differentiate whatever part on the motor it is? I'm paranoid that I've got a Cleveland instead of a Windsor--even though long ago I had a '71 Pantera with a 351 Cleveland that ran like a mutha

·
Registered
582 Posts
D1AE-6015-DA is a 1971 351 Windsor block.
D1OE-6015-CA is a 1970 429 and 460's includes CJ, SCJ and PI. Some have 4 bolt main caps. The easiest way to tell a Cleveland from a Windsor is the front of the engine. The Windsor has a cast aluminum timing chain cover. The Cleveland has the timing chain "cover" (if you want to call it that) cast into the block and uses a flat sheet metal plate to cover the timing chain area (similar to a chevy style cover). Also the fuel pump mounts to the timing chain cover on the Windsor. and on the Cleveland the pump mounts to the block. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts