Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and checked out that Galaxie. Not much left of it that was any good. The door was salvagable,if your next door neighbor gave it to you. The trunk lid,hood,tail lights and some of the trim were good. It does have the engine and tranny in it. Sorry.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
10 years from now...those hulks will be on E-Bay...with a reserve that could buy a finished car today.

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
I hate seeing a car like mine look like that.

Thanks for looking and getting pics.
I take it the passenger quarter on that vert was trash also? That is the main part I need now. The section like from or better yet, including the door jamb to above or just behind the rear tire. The whole thing. Of course right now I couldn't afford to get it anyway not alone the cost of shipping! But, if it's still there in the future, which looks like it might be, I might have the funds in the future, if that part is good. Any idea, if it is good, how much they might want for it? Time for more ebaying!

I have the door and another person on the list is donating the complete window roller mechanism for the rear quarter window so that only leaves the biggest piece.

Does that still have the front bow that sits on the windshield? What did it look like, trashed? Listen to me, now I ask all these questions.
You might know on the quarter but not even think to look at that bow.

Hmm, the hardest part of the quarter replacement is the upper half of the quarter panel which they don't sell, probably because of the variations between models. I wonder if that one were good, at least on the upper half, I couldn't just pickup the other sections new or off a hard top. That would work. I have ripples in my upper section where the snap trim is and the rounded area down to the first ridge. That's an idea.
Wonder if upper 1/4 or upper 1/2 of a quarter would be a lot lower priced?

Been listening to Johnny Cash too long. One piece at a time.
But hey, it seems like it would work!

Deb

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShotRod64 on 12/9/04 12:10pm ]</font>

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the bows were there,I will go back and check on the front one,for sure. The lower part of the 1/4 had a bad case of brown lace,but I think the upper part may have been solid and straight. There were some other Galaxies,Mustangs,Fairlanes,Falcons,Meteors, there but they were all pretty much to far gone except for maybe one 66-67 Fairlane and a 4 door Comet..or maybe that was a Falcon,dont remember.But all of them still had a few things good on them.Straight bumper,some trim,grill,tail light etc. I took some pics of the junkers,I will post them one of these days.

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
On 2004-12-09 08:22, custom300fe wrote:
On 2004-12-08 22:31, GregCook wrote:
The floors don't look too bad.......
Yea OK!
I had to check that out just out of curiousity, so saved the pic and brightened it. Hmmm, I didn't see no floor.
Unless it was full of leaves and that wasn't the ground I was seeing.

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
On 2004-12-09 22:41, GregCook wrote:
On 2004-12-09 08:34, 63Kcode wrote:
On 2004-12-08 22:31, GregCook wrote:
The floors don't look too bad.......
Yea and with a new carb. you could drive it home.
I was just writing the ad for ebay.....

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
On 2004-12-10 00:16, jeremyl wrote:
Dang, that makes my 63 XL convert look mint.
I can even say my top is better too! Not by far, but I do have the big square patch on top still, but missing the corners.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts