Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, like the title says, I'm thinking I need a new wiper switch for the 2 speed motor. You know that silver metal piece on the back that connects to the white plastic piece which plugs into the black plastic piece? I can't seem to get them all to snap together again. Almost like a tab broke off. Are the ones used on Mustang's around 1965 the same? They look it judging from a NPD catalog I got. Some guy on ebay wants 100 bucks for a NOS one, just thaught they'd have them other places as well, any clue?

·
Super Moderator
21,617 Posts
They are almost unobtanium. I haven't found any source for the 2 speed yet and the motor is bout as bad also. The only place I know of is a junkyard. Unless there is a supplier I haven't heard of and that could be.
I checked several places including Concourse and C&G with no luck.
I don't know if a mustang is the same. But I'm kind of thinking if there is it might be the length of the shaft for the knob or something. Like it might need spacers or it might be too short.
There is some pics of the base of 2 dif years here that you could compare the connecting plugs.

Mustang Parts House

I see them for trucks also but not sure what the difference is there either.

Deb

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking of taking a run to NPD over in Michigan with my old one to compare first hand. It's still $60-70 bucks for one but I'm thinking my original is Kaput.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are the chances I'm right though? Probably nill, otherwise I'd be hailed as some kinda saviour!!! I hope I'm right with the Mustang ones, even the chrome knobs that go on them look the same (probably identical) so ya, I will give an update. They'll be reproduced well after I need them as much is now. Building a Galaxie is becoming alot more easy with more available, good for us now.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I think we're SOL on the Mustang one working, tried a 67 or 66 one and no dice. I think it's one of these swap meet finds or something to rip off and keep from a parts car, that and the vent window regulators and door latch mechanisms. The search continues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts