Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, i have had espastas boot covers, but still melt. And i dont think that those and header wrap will work, too tight. And powder coating is too expensive. any ideas?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sounds odd.
Got a pic of the setup??

I would have thought normal heatsheild boots like on the 5.0 roller motors (GTP40 heads) would suffice.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Jacobs sells a ceramic-boot plug wire that will not melt. They are guaranteed not to melt or burn up. I have never tried these, but the spiral core Jacobs wires fit and work fine.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Check your local speed shop for shorter spark plugs.I believe Accel used to make ones that were real short on the end that the wire attaches to.This is assuming of course that shorter ones would help,it depends on where your wire is touching.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks guys, i do allready have the short plugs. But does anyone know more about those jacobs wires? Part #? how much they cost, where i can buy them? I would be very interested in thoss.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i have tried that header wrap stuff and it works great.
i ddidnt actually put it on the headers themselves but just on the boot of the spark plug wire that was burning.
it worked great for me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i use taylor 10mm race wire with the 90* boot it is the tightest fitting /smallest boot out there. i tried every MSD heat shield,wrap,boot,gimmik out there. taylor with 90* boots and accel shorty plug solved it....that and a few well placed pings from a small ball peen hammer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts