Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having the biggest issue finding this part. I would die to mount speakers properly in my car soo the sounds produced right. They make a kick panel that mounts right next to your clutch pedal and your passengers feet where it allows you to mount 6" speakers. Does anyone know where I can find them. Any help is appreciated thank you

·
Registered
440 Posts
are you sure a comany makes them? ive never seen a off the shelf kickpanel speaker housing. all the ones i have seen are custom made out of fiberglass

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you sure a comany makes them? ive never seen a off the shelf kickpanel speaker housing. all the ones i have seen are custom made out of fiberglass
im not sure ive seen cars with them i wasnt sure if a company made them or it was something someone crafted from wood or fiberglass..

·
Registered
440 Posts
oh ok. yea they are all usually custom made out of fiberglass. you use your stock kickpanels as the base. if you are even remotely mechanical, you can do it. its fairly easy. just time consuming. there a TONS of how tos on the internet to walk you through it as well

·
Registered
440 Posts
thank you im going to give it a shot this weekend and see how they come out!
sounds good. from personal experience...you can get wooden dowels to space out the speaker ring from just about any arts and crafts store. and spandex or fleece are the best things to use to wrap it before you actually glass it.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
You can also buy the spacer that mounts between the speaker and kick panel from just about any stereo store including places like Best Buy. They make them out of black plastic that's paintable. You'll still have to cut out a small hole for the magnet and wires. I just looked and eBay and other places have several sellers that get about $8-10 a pair for them.

That's the route I took since I wasn't thinking ahead when I bought my kick panels. Simple install and cheap.

John

·
Registered
10,342 Posts
An option I'm using in my next install is angled speakers in the dash. The stock single dash speaker is removed and replaced with a "V" bracket that aims each 4.5" speaker at the opposite side (firing across each other). I spent some time with a guy at a show that did this, and the sound was really good. Much better than speakers by your heels, and almost spatial as it reflects off the windshield. He used the balance and it was perfect, sounding like you had mounted a speaker right in front of you. His little speakers were good quality for the price at nearly $100 for the pair. In-fact, he had to fade the little front speakers quite a bit or they were overpowering compared to the 6.5s and 10" sub in the back. Sorry - I don't remember the brand. HTH

David

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
An option I'm using in my next install is angled speakers in the dash. The stock single dash speaker is removed and replaced with a "V" bracket that aims each 4.5" speaker at the opposite side (firing across each other). I spent some time with a guy at a show that did this, and the sound was really good. Much better than speakers by your heels, and almost spatial as it reflects off the windshield. He used the balance and it was perfect, sounding like you had mounted a speaker right in front of you. His little speakers were good quality for the price at nearly $100 for the pair. In-fact, he had to fade the little front speakers quite a bit or they were overpowering compared to the 6.5s and 10" sub in the back. Sorry - I don't remember the brand. HTH

David
i wish you could remember! it have little speakers mounted in where the defroster vent should be.. they dont sound very good. i have 6x9 kicker ks speakers in the back lid, kicker ks 6" in the front and a kappa 12" sub but the sound in the front isnt as nice with my home made pieces lol. i ordered the kick panels i cant wait to hear the difference.. im going to dynamat the whole car as well when i replace carpet to try to hold back that 60's sounds of no insulation :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts