Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about doing away with the granada spindles on my 65 fastback. I'm tired of the bumpsteer, and I can't seem to stop it with a bumpsteer correction kit or a proper alignment. I followed removed the springs and everthing when I put on the bumpsteer kit and put the suspension through it's travel and set the kit up right. All this was done thanks to a friend at the alignment shop. But we just can't seem to get the thing to quit jerking when I hit a bump. I thinking about ordering a set of pbr calipers for the 03,04 cobra and a caliper conversion braket from randalls rack and put my stock spindles back on. Besides I can run 13" brakes of front if I do that. Any suggestions on other methods to try and solve this problem.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
My 65 fastback had a bad case of steering with the lines on the road after I had the camber set to 1.5 degrees negative and the alignment guy I had do the work just put the caster settings to the limit of power steering (5 or 6 degrees?) I didn't have a single complaint after that. The car drove like it was on rails through the corners and held a straight line on its own- even at speed. I had manual steeringso the increase of 3 or 4 degrees was a lot - I don't know where yours is at or why it is following the ruts in the road but that is one idea from an old timer.
Paul

·
Registered
659 Posts
I did the Shelby lowering to mine and do not notice hardly any bump steer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts