Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put 351c with AOD in 65 comet and Speedometer hole comes out right in line with crossmember support. Are their any Adapters for a 90 degree bend in order to use a speedo or any other suggestions? It is to close to use the way it is now.
Lot's of little issues but once it is done it will be a fun ride.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Same problem that occurs when they stick the shortened Chevy tail shaft on the T5. Might want to see what they are doing to correct the problem. I believe it is a matter of drilling a hole though the floor support inline with the hole for the cable and routing the cable through it.
Opps, did you say cross member?
Might want to install an electronic speedo if all else fails. Not that familiar with the AOD but I would think that it has a port for a wire to send a signal to the speedo as the T5 does.
Check out Modern drive line, they might have some info for you if no one else has had a similar problem.
It is always something huh?
Good luck.
Ras Daniel

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have clarified it better the Support that attaches to the body that the crossmember attaches to is where I was talking about. I may have to dill a holle thru it and run cable under carpet ti do the job needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts