Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1991 F150 302 4x4 with the AOD tranny, did the mass air swap with a 92 C3W mustang computer. Speedo worked fine before swap, now it is not functioning at all. So far all i can think of is that i need to change out the original VSS with a 92 mustang.

Used a 93 mustang harness, that I spliced into the ford harness. Pinouts regarding the VSS should be the same for the mustang and 1991 SD truck from the research that I did. Did not pull the transmission to do the swap. I am kind of scratching my head on this one guys

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
I don't know on your truck for sure, but the 93 and older mustang EFI setup does not control the speedometer. The VSS is just used to adjust engine RPM with the car in gear and moving when you let of to shift or coast.

I'm sure PSIG will correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Check your speedometer cable connections or for damage to the cable.

Jet

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are correct, it has to be an unrelated problem to the mass air conversion. Just happen to show up at the same time as I did it. If it isnt one thing its another... :S Ill try hooking up a drill to end of the speedo that goes into the tranny and see if i get a reading up top

1 - 3 of 3 Posts