Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw somewhere a neat little tool specifically for removing Spiro Locks out of pistons.Problem is,I forgot where I saw it or who makes it.Anyone seen anybody selling these things? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I just use 2 small screw drivers for install/uninstall. Always worked for me.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Tool is probably available from Jeg's or Summit. BUT the pistons must be modified to allow its use.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Powerhouse Products in Memphis has a new one out. I don't think piston mods are required with it. The Lockbuster is on their site. It's new and they don't have a price listed yet. You could call them for a proce.

Their site:
http://www.powerhouseproducts.com/

I have bought from them before. Excellent products and service. Like a kid in the candy store when going through their catalog.

Later,

DaviD Cole

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
The Spiro Locks also have to have the ends ground with a small hook on the ends. The lock buster won't work without this feature. Most spiro Locks come already ground. Small screwdrivers will work, but this tool makes the job real easy. I got mine from SRP.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys.My pistons are Ross units so they are already configured for the locks.just wanted to take the pistons off the rods for a little mod work .thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts