Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was emailed to me. Be great if you had the equipment already, to use on those little gauge cluster bezels and such. In the comments there is a US site someone added also.

Spray-On Chrome - Video - Jay Leno's Garage

Deb

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
... I saw a "WHOLE" car painted using this stuff. It was way more than anyone would want on car, but it did go to show how it could stick to any kind of surface, curved, straight or complex angles...

I'm not sure if its the perfect solution for the price of chrome or protection chroming affords - I have serious doubts if it'll work on chrome headers?

But it sure beats the next best thing (Sterling powercoated parts), but powder coating/jet-coating does have a much higher tempurature rating... and doesn't turn blue like chrome does or show that golden,nickle/copper layer through either.

·
Super Moderator
21,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it's best use would be for those plastic bezels and such that doesn't get a lot of wear and tear on them like door handles and such would get.

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
I looked at getting into this business when I came back from Iraq.... Wish I would have done it while I had the money. This is the same process used for chrome motorcycle helmets.

Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts