Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I curently have stock rate replacement springs in my 65 fastback with 5 leaf springs in the back and kyb gas adjust all around. i have the negative wedge kit on the front and had cut the replacement coil springs a little too much so its too low as i mentioned on a previous post. i could either put a set of 1" coil spring insulators or put in some used stock height coil springs from a 6cyl. i hear about 5.0 guys running 4 cyl springs for drag applications. would the 6cyl springs be a good idea? also, will drag shocks make a noticable difference over my kybs?

·
Registered
207 Posts
dave I run the same leaf springs you have with comp engineering shocks with caltracs in the back and 620 lb 1 inch lowering springs in the front with comp engineering shocks and I have ran [email protected] with a 65 fastback with little 9 inch slicks at 3250 lbs with a ch*vy transmission

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
If a pair of 68 6 cylinder springs will fit. Than I have a set used ones that I took off that you can have. Just pay for shipping and they are yours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts