Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 66 Mustang which has the stock spings front and rear. I will be purcasingnew springs in the near future and was wondering how far does the car sit from the ground with the 620 springs? And what about the 5 spring and the one 1 inch drop springs(i think they are 5?) for the back? Does the front sit lower than the back? The reason im asking cause i have stock springs in the front but the are worn out out and sag(?)and i kow if the 620 spring drop another inch off that my headers would kill the ground. So do any of yall have pic of your cars and what the spring combo is? Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
When I put those 620 pound 1" drop springs on my 68, I noticed absolutely no drop in ride height. I guess that my stockers were reeeeaaaallyy sagging. I kept waitng for them to "settle" and drop a bit, but they never did. Im going to do a shelby 1" upper arm drop this week, and if that doesnt work I have a die grinder with a cut off wheel waiting to take a half coil or so off.

·
Registered
237 Posts
if your current springs are sagging, then the 1" drop coils will probably keep it at the same height it is now or raise it some since they are hi rate. As far as the back goes, the one inch drop might put it at the same height as well since your stock leafs are sagging. I would suggest the 1" drop coils and mid eye 5 lear rear springs, unless you want to really lower your car, then you have to consider options like relocating the control arms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts