Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm still unsure of the which wheels I'm going to get for my car... I was first thinking 17" torque thrusts, then 17" billet magnums, then 17" foose now I'm leaning towards Boyd Coddington Junkyard Dogs. 17x8 for the front and 18x9 for the back... Are there any problems that I can expect with running a staggered setup like this? From research and measuring, its seems as tho 9" wide wheels for the back would be perfect for my car. I guess every car is different and while some guys are running 9.5's I think they would be a little tight on mine. I don't really want to use the BFH to make them fit..

I wanted to run 235/45zr17 for the front and 275/35 or 40 18's for the back..

So having said that there anyone running a staggered combo for wheels? What are your thoughts? Am I crazy??

Thanks for the help
Tom

·
Registered
22 Posts
I build a lot of streetrods, and we always run staggered sizes, like 19 in the back 18 in the front, never had any problems yet, unless you don't like how suddelly cool it makes the car look!! Jack

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello all,
I'm still unsure of the which wheels I'm going to get for my car... I was first thinking 17" torque thrusts, then 17" billet magnums, then 17" foose now I'm leaning towards Boyd Coddington Junkyard Dogs. 17x8 for the front and 18x9 for the back... Are there any problems that I can expect with running a staggered setup like this? From research and measuring, its seems as tho 9" wide wheels for the back would be perfect for my car. I guess every car is different and while some guys are running 9.5's I think they would be a little tight on mine. I don't really want to use the BFH to make them fit..

I wanted to run 235/45zr17 for the front and 275/35 or 40 18's for the back..

So having said that there anyone running a staggered combo for wheels? What are your thoughts? Am I crazy??

Thanks for the help
Tom
Curious on what you ended up with. Any Pictures? I am crossing that bridge right now..
Thanks, Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts