Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a front 13" rotor "force ten style" set up from these people. I can not get them to fit with the following set up. Total Control Negative Wedge Kit Coil Over Suspension and 17 x 7 with 4 inch backspacing. American Racing Torque Thrust II's. The Wheels drag on the Rotor, and the studs are not long enough to safely bolt on the wheels. Ecerything works fine with the ten year old Stainless Steel Brake Kit. Have any of you successfully installed this kit in a 65/66 mustang. Which wheels? How about the Studs? Cheers, JHTdon

·
Registered
122 Posts
As to the studs, SSB will sell you longer ones. Such came with my rear disk brake kit. You might talk to them. Maybe they should have been in your kit.

How badly are the calipers dragging. you might be able to get them to fit with some judicious grinding. Otherwise, again, call SSB. I have found them to be somewhat helpful. Sometimes I get good service and sometimes bad. Dependes on who you get. sorry, I don't remember the names of who I talked to, but if the person sounds like a kid, the support will be as good as a kid can give.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have gone that route. They told me the studs are the studs. They are from a 70's Granada. The are just not long enough for the Americans. The drag is pretty bad, a lot of grinding on finished parts. Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I can understand you not wanting to GRIND on your new expensive calipers.I am wondering if maybe a small wheel spacer would help at all On some wheels theres more clearance toward the edge.If you do get spacers make sure you get the billet ones.
As far as the studs I would go check out ARP or Moroso they both make longer studs with the correct knurl.If they are too long you can always cut them down with a cut off wheel and youll never see it if you use closed end acorn lugs.
I hope you get it figured out cause I know you spent some cash on those brakes.let us know what you come up with.
Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts