Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what all is involved with installing a stall converter if i was already removing motor for a head and cam job? What all parts would I need for a c4?
Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
how much would this stall help me? The cam is 214/224 duration at .050 and .472/.496 lift. I was thinking of a 2000 stall....on my c4 with 3.00 rear gears(8" open)

·
Registered
83 Posts
before you pull the motor, pull of that inspection plate on the bottom of the bellhousing, and you'll have access to the flexplate/flywheel. There are 4 bolts, I think, that attach the converter. To get at them, remove them one at a time as you rotate the motor. Once they're all off, pull the motor, and there it is in the bellhousing. It slides off. Fill up the new one w/ATF and slide it on. Then put it all together again. You'll probably need a tranny cooler.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't know about the stall, ask some of the experts around here. Parts:
tranny cooler
converter
ATF
Also, look at the article on this site.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
i would say you need a 2500 stall converter, but contact B&M, art carr, or performance automatic. their techs can give you the best answer.

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
Make sure you put a new front seal in the trans before fitting the new convertor.Go with a 2500 convertor.
I think you might be disappointed with the 2000 stall as it will be barely noticeable over stock..

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Stock engine absolutely love 2500 stall converters. I'm talking 4000-4500RPM engines so I would say at least a 2500 stall and a 2000 like said above will not be noticable at all(meaning not worth the trouble changing over stock). 2500 stall will be a noticable improvement over stock converter though.

·
Registered
150 Posts
will this work with the 3.00 gear he has in the rear? i have a combo that is just a little different than his. the diference is that i have a b-303 cam with 224 duration @ 50. will a 2500 stall work for me or do i need more. the reason i ask is that i have not put it together yet. let me know what you think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts