Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can a bad headlight switch cause my torino to stall out.....i took apart the dash the other day because my car would stall out evry time i would turn the headligts on or step on the brakes or put it in reverse n it had been sittin for awhile so some friends said maybe rats got to the wires n go figure they did to the wires running to the rear lights n i patched those wires up n it solved the problem to that end for when i would brake or put it in reverse it would do the same n not no more but the as for the front its still does it and iv checked the wiring n its good n im thinkin its the switch but not sure do u guys have any suggestions it would help im tryin to get her bak on the road

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i am very sorry that i'm from a diffrent generation and also sorry that me not using punctuation caused u damage and suffering. Thank you for your reply it help me alot with solving the problem to my car appreciate it

·
Registered
130 Posts
I might be all wet here, but it seems when you turn something on like lights it stalls.

Could that liitle bit of current draw cuase the problem?

Could be a short somewhere also.

A bad ground from the battery,alternator and voltage regulator should be looked at also.

My car sat in a heated garage untouched for 34 years and the mice got to my one door panel and so far I haven't noticed any wiring problems so far.

Wire problems for me are the worst!

Have a good day and I hoped I helped a little.

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
How is it that a Generation makes a difference. this last sentence is a fantastic example that America is not dying as I previously thought and that our schools are working~ Thanks for the extra effort.

Now abotu your car. You have a wiring issue like Locksmitty said, Current draw on the ignition Coil + wire.

Under your hood there is a red wire with a blue stripe feeding your coil + wire, soon after it enters the wiring loom it is fused with a Resistor wire that is pink. That pink wire goes to your ignition switch.

If any wire is joined into that pink wire or the one on the coil under the hood the engine will die if there is a drain on that wire.

Also there is likely a Vacuum leak on your engine as well.

I hope that helps in some small way.

I give a LOT of effort to help folks here, and all I ask in return is some proper grammar like what is taught in our schools, and if you blame where you grew up for your inattention to the details taught in class, then I must feel sorry for the future of our country.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts