Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just bought a 63 2 DR Hardtop, no motor or tranny and no front end under it. which is fine with me, I have 351 c6 combo I want to put in it and a Mustang II front end under it. my first question is if I buck up and get a kit for the front end does anyone have recomendations as to which brand out there is the best to use on the Falcons?

Thanks and I might be posting alot of questions here so I apologize in advance LOL

·
Registered
634 Posts
Wellcome and no need to apologize for asking questions,that's what we are here for. Sounds like you have a plan, that's better than doing it like i do,going every direction.--JIM--:)

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Hi All,

I just bought a 63 2 DR Hardtop, no motor or tranny and no front end under it. which is fine with me, I have 351 c6 combo I want to put in it and a Mustang II front end under it. my first question is if I buck up and get a kit for the front end does anyone have recomendations as to which brand out there is the best to use on the Falcons?

Thanks and I might be posting alot of questions here so I apologize in advance LOL
I SAW YOU!!!! I was at the Albertsons intersection when you were hauling it off Sidney road and onto Segwick a few day's ago!

Nice of you to come to Ford Muscle! Now you gotta make it to the 3rd annual BBQ at my place on the 14th of July :) I drive the Cobalt Blue 61 Falcon 4 door around town.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I SAW YOU!!!! I was at the Albertsons intersection when you were hauling it off Sidney road and onto Segwick a few day's ago!

Nice of you to come to Ford Muscle! Now you gotta make it to the 3rd annual BBQ at my place on the 14th of July :) I drive the Cobalt Blue 61 Falcon 4 door around town.
I wa on my way back from picking it up over on the other side. Saturday right? I stopped at the little covienence store on the corner. I would love to come to your BBQ, But I have to warn you that my other car is a 66 Mustang(LOL)

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
I vote for the Rod & Custom Mustang II IFS also, I've installed 2. One in a 65 Falcon and another in a 64 Fairlane. Both are on the road and running.

They both drive great! Only thing I wish I did was go with power steering.
Would be nice while parking and I would like to try my hand at some track days. So the Falcon is going to a Power rack very soon.

Good Luck and welcome to the Forumn.

Jet

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I vote for the Rod & Custom Mustang II IFS also, I've installed 2. One in a 65 Falcon and another in a 64 Fairlane. Both are on the road and running.

They both drive great! Only thing I wish I did was go with power steering.
Would be nice while parking and I would like to try my hand at some track days. So the Falcon is going to a Power rack very soon.

Good Luck and welcome to the Forumn.

Jet
Which motors did they have in them and were there clearance issues?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well well, THIS little Mustang will be there waiting for a friend...

Where abouts are you located?
I am out in Seabeck, there is a car show at the Northwoods complex on Schold in silverdale tomorrow. You should come on out free food and music. games for kids and it is free to put your car in here is mine the yellow one

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
The Falconaround is in mothballs until I find the missing compression in #1, and the Blue Mustang is one I restored for my sister 5 years ago...

Tomorrow I am doing the final buff on the 55 Frankenford I just finished restoring, theowners liv ein Silverdale (willeford) and you'll see it around I'm sure in the near future.

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
Both cars are 302 V8's. No clearance issues now.
You could put a Big Block in them if you wanted to. Rod & Custom can even set up the motor mounts to use a 4.6L.

Plenty of room.

Jet

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I picked up a stock M2 and going to rebush and new ball joints because of funding issues.

Question now is how much clearence do you guys leave under the cross member t the ground? I want it lowered in the front but what is too low?
I am think 5" is about as low as I dare to go. Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh yeah and what is a good spindle height from the ground? right now mine would be at 11" and the measurement to the apex of my fender from the ground is 22 1/2". I am thinking of using 205/60/15 which is about 24.8 ride height

1 - 16 of 16 Posts