Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was putting on new cast iron seals on the stator. But one of the seals interlocking tabs is broke. I don't know if it was broke when i got them or it got broke sitting on the bench but its missing oneside of the interlocking tab. is it ok to use it anyways. every thing still seals fine, i benched tested it all just know and it all works along with all the other air checks. So do i need to get a new seal or is it fine to use it without it being able to lock together. Its the very bottom seal for the high drum.

·
Registered
659 Posts
i am gonna say it is ok. If you got a seal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: forthman on 12/26/06 9:26am ]</font>

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i figured so, i didn;t see anything wrong with it. the drum will keep it to the size it needs to be anyways. I'll work on pulling the aod out tomorrow and putting the c4 back together, thanks

·
Premium Member
4,418 Posts
Would be ok but need to be careful it doesn't catch and break when you assemble into the case. If you airtest all together it will be ok i would think.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
You will probably have to use a ring compressor of some kind to get it together without breaking it. You might be better off using one of the old ones. Check the wearon the sides of the ring and the face that it seals on. I would bet that you can find one that has less than .001" of wear. If so, go ahead and use it.

Paul

·
Registered
861 Posts
Install a good one. Don't even consider the broken one.

·
Registered
945 Posts
On 2006-12-26 20:22, Stuart1 wrote:
Install a good one. Don't even consider the broken one.
Have to agree on that, its damaged....replace it

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the only problem is i can't find anyone that will sell one, I tried dacco, a trans repair shop, and as a last resort tried auto parts stores. no body has them besides in the whole kit which was like $70. I'm going to try one more place and see if they have them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts