Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my disc set-up last week from a 72 galaxie I found. It had no wheels on it it was up on blocks. Did not think about the wheels till I got home cause I had some 15 in steeles I was going to use with my dog dish hubcaps. But of course I forgot about the spindles being bigger which take the bigger bearings which makes the hub snout a lot bigger.
Where can I find some 15's that have the larger center hub hole and have the nubs for my 10 1/4 inch dog dish hubcaps.?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Don't suppose you'd just consider running some late '90s Crown Vic P71 cop-car 16x7s and related center caps?

Much better selection in quality 225/60-16s than in any Galaxie-compatible 15in size.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't suppose you'd just consider running some late '90s Crown Vic P71 cop-car 16x7s and related center caps?

Much better selection in quality 225/60-16s than in any Galaxie-compatible 15in size.
I had thought about that, but i want my 63 dog dish caps

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
The center can be machined for proper clearance if you want to otherwise use them as-is. I haven't seen Tommy is quite a while, but he did a good short article about making custom width/offset wheels from stock ones here. It seems like a lot of trouble but solves many issues and opens options at the same time. There are shops that can do this at a price (probably Tommy too) if you aren't able to find local talent.

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts