Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1963 Fairlane Sport Coupe with factory P/S, Steering turns so easy that you have no road feedback, Is there any sugestion on things you can do short of taking the P/S off and going with a manual sterring box.

Thanks
Larry

·
Registered
830 Posts
try changing your fluid out to new, perhaps the CV is sticking... Also, your alignment may need tweeking, as the caster may not be enough... put the max caster in the alignment... your pump may be putting out too much pressure, too.. I'd check alignment first...

·
Registered
285 Posts
I remember seeing this to make the steering LESS easy. They put a tee in the high pressure hose and the the return line and put an fine adjusting tap in between the lines. This way you can bleed off some of the pressure going IN. I would think that you would need a check valve to keep the direction of the return oil from going the wrong way. Not sure how good this works as I said it is just something I remember reading years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
To much air pressure in the tires can make it feel easy to.

·
Registered
436 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Howe also makes a disc you can put in the pressure line, it restricts the hole and thus reduces the assist

1 - 7 of 7 Posts