·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Scott;

So that is what a Grant steering wheel looks like. I have an old one hanging on the garage wall. Needs a hub. Instead the Pep-Boys quality one I have uses a different and more popular hub and horn button.

Thanks, you solved a decade old question I have had.

Wm.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, psivory. I sent them a message to get the right model #. Getting it, and a good pair of air shocks will go a long way to getting 'er where I want 'er.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did that work out for you? My brother-in-law put some air shocks on his 63. He likes the stance but said he got a lot of "wheel hop" when drag racing. He had to install traction bars to cure that.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I guess either one could be, I did not notice the second inboard bracket on the seat the first time I looked.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe somebody pimped his ride and the bracket holds the 3 lcd screens for the backseat.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
On 2006-03-24 08:07, pasvorto wrote:
How did that work out for you? My brother-in-law put some air shocks on his 63. He likes the stance but said he got a lot of "wheel hop" when drag racing. He had to install traction bars to cure that.
I have only driven it twice so far, once with the min pressure of 25# and once with 150#. The ride is stiff with high pressure but I also put in all new poly bushings so that has stiffened it up.
With 25 in it the ride was fine.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got this email back from an air shock supplier:

=========
Hi Mike.

Yes, we do, we can furnish the rear air shocks for your 64 Galaxie for
$128.00 PAIR
...FREE Air Line kit
...WE PAY POSTAGE

...A FULL 5 Year warranty...

..... Can ship NOW... >>

>>

>>

* >> TO ORDER
TO ORDER

Call Cindy 740-345-8949 Mon - Fri 9am to 7pm

IF YOU DO NOT FIND THE NECESSARY INFO HERE
CLICK HERE TO GET WARRANTY DETAILS AND ALL OTHER INFO. >
Http://WWW.SHOCKSHOPUSA.COM

ALSO > To Get Info for Custom-Fit or OBSOLETE Shocks - CLICK THE URL
ABOVE...

OR

(++++)
(++++) DESCRIBE your Obsolete shocks as follows
1..Measurements of Compressed and Extended lengths
2...Measure from tip to tip
3...Describe end mountings.

We pay postage in U S 48 - customer pays beyond.

>
>
>

SHOCKS SHOCKS SHOCKS
GABRIEL -
========
Gas Ryder Truck $58.00 PAIR

Hijacker AIR SHOCKS $68 to $128 PAIR
FREE Air Kit ... WE PAY POSTAGE IN THE USA

>>Gabriel LTV Commercial Grade Truck shocks $78.00
PAIR

MONROE Magnum $58.00 PAIR

Sensa-Trac $68.00 PAIR

Reflex $78.00 PAIR

Forr complete SHOCK listing see
Http://www.shockshopusa.com

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I got mine off the shelf at Autozone, $68 with the air hose kit included. I ended up getting a different hose kit which allows me to pump each shock up individually (this kit also included brass valve stems) The kit that came with the shocks had a t-fitting which was plastic, so the two shocks are balanced with pressure. I went individual in case there was a problem with the back end being uneven at any point.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually, we had an Autozone open in town last year. I will need to check them out. My ideas far exceed my budget.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
With individual lines it also handles better. When one shock shoots air over to the other side when hitting a dip in a curve you can see your knuckles turn white.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I was asking were to get them becuse The shock shop is were I got mine ( they just got here on ups) She charged me $98.00 shiped !!! But like clock work the rain showed up at the same time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sleepysal on 3/26/06 12:41am ]</font>

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.