Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I talked to this guy Peterson, a while back and he seemed like he was straight up and was building a good engine. I think he has a solid engine but he is using a 6.2 rod with a 4" stroke. This pushes the wrist pin way up into the piston and has to use the expensive milimeter rings. He was using the J&E pistons best I remember and I spoke to JE about it and the guy I was talking to did not recomend it but he would build anything I wanted as far as a piston is concerned. On the other hand, Peterson would not build a 6 inch rod 4 inch stroke because of the rod to stroke ratio!
Seems like there was someone else on this board who had the same problem and Peterson said it the buyer bought his rotating kit and said the bore on the block was too rough.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Newest motor I'm using is a 6.300 rod 331 piston. yes the pin is in the oil ring. WHO CARES. 4" stroke 2.100 rod journals Probe dome pistons all in a filled 9.48 early block. Going to have to take about .005" off the deck to bring it to zero...might go .008-.010 to get them out a little. Just personal preference mind you. Me thinks it should thump a little at 15.5 compression. Going to need some good heads!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts