Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I want to do a single turbo 347 but i have a couple questions, im looking to go at least in the 9s or lower, i want to do a blow through carb,as well, so what size turbo I should run? What compression should I run? What heads should I purchase? Currently running a 11:5:1 compression in my mustang

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi I want to do a single turbo 347 but i have a couple questions, im looking to go at least in the 9s or lower, i want to do a blow through carb,as well, so what size turbo I should run? What compression should I run? What heads should I purchase? Currently running a 11:5:1 compression in my mustang
first off you have way to much compression for boost. a single t76 and a head with at least 190 cc intake runner 2.020 valve. with the right cam intake and headers should start to bring your ets down a lot.

·
Registered
483 Posts
You need 700+ hp to do it and at that power level the stock block will probably crack on the first pass and will eventually split in half just like others before you. Save yourself from destroying parts an buy a Dart block. It will cost less in the long run. Unless you are going to run alcohol , the compression need to go sown to 9-1 just like 306afr220 said. Then make sure the rest of the car is up to it too. 9's means a cage and often a parachute , NHRA license etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts