Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I was told the motor I bought was a '95. I cannot seem to find this piston linked to the '95 GT I was told this motor came out of. Is it possible a '95 GT had stock TRW std bore forged pistons. I believe this is what these are. They are stamped E7ZE-6110-CA.

Also, I have not been able to reference the "I think" block number. This is stamped on the inside of intake area in the back of block. JF166390. The only other cast no. I see on the outside of the motor is 9S CA

Any help identifying guys Really doesn't matter, but like to know what parts I have. I did not know these were forged until I looked them up. Just want to know if the block is really '95. This type of information does not seem to be readily available on the net like the earlier stuff we can find so easily. Maybe it is... haven't found it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
SBF casting numbers are *all*...I believe, under the starter mounting area. 95 would be F5OE or some such (I've never seen a 95 block soo....).

Again. This is not something I'm sure of for your year of block, but any information is better than none I'm hoping =).

Good luck!

Cris

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Yes, post the casting #'s by the starter and that will ID the block year. You might as well post the crank and rod casting #'s too.

The E7ZE pistons are 87' castings. I don't know it that is right or not for a 95' block.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, thanks all. I really need to know because I paid for a '95 block. No telling what this thing is. I will look again today when I get home, but for now, the only numbers I see on the block are

JF166390 left side where intake bolts up and 9Sca passenger side on bottom of block.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
You may ver well have a 95 block just not 95 pistons, they appear to be 87-92 forged slugs. If you're going to reuse the stock pistons then you have the better of the two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts