Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a roller cam 302 for my 66 Fairlane and I need to buy a front sump oil pan. Are any of the inexpensive replacement style oil pans any good or should I just get a Milodon stock type pan and pickup?

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Check CJ Pony parts, or other Mustang parts places. Also shouldn't be too hard to find one in a junk yard.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping someone would chime in with first-hand experience as to the quality of any of the repops or replacement pans.

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
I went with the Milodon 8 qt. Street/Strip (#30925) on mine for the added oil capacity. About $300 with the pump pick-up. Not cheap but a little insurance of better oiling at higher RPM's sold me. The design of this model only adds an inch or so in depth so it's not hanging down real low either.

John

·
Premium Member
2,216 Posts
I've run a plain 5 quart, chrome pan on my car for ages and its fine. Its old though so I don't know about the quality of these things now days. Mine is still holding its chrome well and has never leaked.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
You can get the aluminum pan with fins for about $60 and use the one piece pan gasket.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up buying a Milodon oil pan kit one of the members of this board was selling. Quite a bit more than I was planning to spend, but it includes a windage tray and pickup, and I figure it save me the trouble of upgrading if I ever decide to really flog it. Thanks for the advice though, guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts